5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone 6" lift

Toothninja

Reaction score
Good to know! Do you think that the PC is needed? I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the pulsar performance modes and how they are different than what the PC accomplishes. I’ve also heard on this forum about how people have been having issues with the Pulsar itself and issues it has caused with the Ram. I was trying to decide between the Tazer and the Pulsar thinking that the combo of the Tazer and the PC would make the Pulsar not necessary. Not to mention the fact that the PC and the Tazer add up to about the same cost as the Pulsar. I’m not decided on this one yet.

Maxram

Reaction score
Good to know! Do you think that the PC is needed? I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the pulsar performance modes and how they are different than what the PC accomplishes. I’ve also heard on this forum about how people have been having issues with the Pulsar itself and issues it has caused with the Ram. I was trying to decide between the Tazer and the Pulsar thinking that the combo of the Tazer and the PC would make the Pulsar not necessary. Not to mention the fact that the PC and the Tazer add up to about the same cost as the Pulsar. I’m not decided on this one yet.
I've been running the pulsar for about 3 months and haven't had one issue yet. Maybe there was a bad batch or software issue idk but mines on the most recent software and it's been perfect so far.

With a Pulsar it definitely would not be necessary to have a PC too. With that said, the Pulsar does much more than just adjust throttle response. It's very obvious once you switch into Performace or Tow mode vs stock. PC only adjust throttle response but even by itself it's still a worthwhile upgrade. I don't believe the Tazer does anything performance wise but definitely does some other cool stuff.

My take away from the Pulsar/PC combo is essentially the PC greatly fine tunes the throttle response. Something the Pulsar does a good job with but the PC does it so much better.

Is the Pulsar needed? Definitely not! But it sure is fun to have! Especially if you're running a cat back and CAI.

Toothninja

Reaction score
I've been running the pulsar for about 3 months and haven't had one issue yet. Maybe there was a bad batch or software issue idk but mines on the most recent software and it's been perfect so far.

With a Pulsar it definitely would not be necessary to have a PC too. With that said, the Pulsar does much more than just adjust throttle response. It's very obvious once you switch into Performace or Tow mode vs stock. PC only adjust throttle response but even by itself it's still a worthwhile upgrade. I don't believe the Tazer does anything performance wise but definitely does some other cool stuff.

My take away from the Pulsar/PC combo is essentially the PC greatly fine tunes the throttle response. Something the Pulsar does a good job with but the PC does it so much better.

Is the Pulsar needed? Definitely not! But it sure is fun to have! Especially if you're running a cat back and CAI.
Thanks so much! I think I’ll bite the bullet and make the Pulsar my last Christmas present to myself...for this year at least! Lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread