5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Can't Have Both: 4 Corner Air OR Multifuntion Tailgate ??

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heard from a local dealer that FCA Engineering has decided that New 1500 Long Beds will not be built with both 4 Corner Air Suspensions AND Multifunction Tailgates - its one or the other. I was waiting to order a Laramie Quad Cab, and now have to decide between:
- Quad Cab w/MF Tailgate
- Quad Cab w/4 corner air
- Crew Cab w/both (but a shorter bed than i like)
- wait for the 21 F-150.

Any thoughts? For you guys with either the MFT or Ais Susp, are they worth getting?

thx!

im not a fan of the tailgate and i despise ford so my vote would be air suspension.

I have both, like both. The tailgate requires slamming to close it properly (otherwise you get the annoying message that the swing gate is open), but otherwise I think it is very handy. Once the swing gate is open, you can actually use the "step bumper" to step on to get up inside the bed of the truck. The air ride suspension height settings are kind of a toy, not sure I'll ever really use them, but the ride quality is amazing. The truck rides like a large luxury sedan, but soakes up bumps and pot holes like a truck should. I'm quite impressed.

thx for the feedback. getting quotes for the crew w/both and the quad w/MFT, just to see what they'll do.
still trying to find a "good" dealer in DelMarVa...

thx for the feedback. getting quotes for the crew w/both and the quad w/MFT, just to see what they'll do.

I bought my truck from Keene Dodge, in Jarrettsville, MD. They were really great. A small town dealership that all seemed like genuinely good folks.

LOL.....in my opinion they all suck.

Air ride has been a necessity in some parking garages when I go into town. Hasn’t given me any troubles either. Worth every penny.

Thx for the feedback.

Went to sit in the Quad w/Air, my initial choice, and found the back seat way to straight-up. Can't imagine an adult using it for a long ride. Enough leg room, but not comfortable.

So I ordered a Laramie Crew 4x4 5'7", eTorq, Anti-slip, 3.92, 4 Corner Air, 33gal, Sport, Advanced Safety, Level 2 Equip, Bed Utility, Dual Tailgate, Trailer Brake, Wheel-2 Wheel step.

Was a couple grand from a Limited, and while I like the Limited interior (so nice), I dont want a chrome grill, 22" wheels or black paint.

UPDATE: looks like you can now order the MFT / Dual function tailgate with the air suspension, contrary to earlier info. My dealer forwarded this email from his rep, and I think it means you can get a Quad Cab, DFT and 4 Corner Air...

"As a follow up to our conversation, in speaking directly to the supply chain team, LD Quad DT were not being built with the multi-function tailgate and air-ride suspension. I didn't get a lot of detail from the production team; just that we were not building the trucks with the options together. Hence, when trying to place an order in the system the order would bounce back and not allow it. Also, there was no time table provided on when the options would be compatible again.

Recently, it looks like the issue has been resolved and you can place the order. Apologies for the confusion around the build process and production capabilities."

Too late for me, but just in case anybody else is interested...

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back