5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes or No. Mopar 2” lift for 2021 Ram 1500 sport

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Thought I would reach out to you all for a yes or no on adding the mopar 2” lift to my 2021 Ram 1500 Sport. I was concerned about the handling characteristics but from my research here it sounds as if the ride quality remains . I will be using the factory 20” inch wheel setup for a while likely. 76925D19-F6A8-48D7-8A4D-B072926259B6.jpeg Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Merry Xmas!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it will ride almost the same as it was stock with the exception that you’ll sit a little higher.

Attachments

• 36FFCD95-6236-4F7D-B09D-03B0208E0891.jpeg
    36FFCD95-6236-4F7D-B09D-03B0208E0891.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 84

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Me personally I would go 4"-6" (especially after how much the dealership will rape you on doing the 2"). I know it's personal preference but I had a 6" lift on my 13 Laramie and absolutely LOVED the stance and clearance it gave me. I traded it in on a new longhorn back in September and honestly can not stand how low these trucks sit from the factory, it should be illegal lol that's the one thing I absolutely hate about my new truck and 22" wheels.. I used to be able to just romp over the curb pulling into my tight driveway but now I have to drive all cautiously everywhere, even pulling into a parking spot with parking block the front skirt will hit the curb, it sucks. So for me personally after being spoiled with a 6" on my 13 I know for a fact if I only went with a 2" or the 3.5 readylfit I would eventually regret not going 4 or 6"...

But if your absolutely stuck on the 2" Mopar lift there was a new post on here the other night of someone selling a used 2" Mopar lift and 20s with 35s on them... They ran the 2" and then decided they wanted a 6" so trying to sell their stuff... Good luck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lights Out

Reaction score
dealer quoted me 7hrs labor and 10% above retail for the 2" lift. came out to approx 2478+ tax. i asked him why quoting me 7hours when the mopar site says 4 hours. maybe it takes 3 hours to align and do paperwork LOL. i honestly don't see how people go to these clowns when they don't have to. i'm looking into getting a 3 1/2" ready lift or rough county with 285/65/20 w stock wheels..

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
They call it the stealership for a reason... But fr the new car dealership would be the VERY last place I would ever take a vehicle to get worked on unless it was under warranty! It's sickening how much these places absolutely fk's people... They stuck it to us all on the purchase of a new vehicle to begin with and then want to keep ramming it in for anything else after the purchase! I would tell them to shove it and go to a smaller local custom truck shop... Give the local guy the business and those are usually the nicer more appreciative guys making a living on their own that will stand behind their work and always be there when you need anything in the future!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eproulx38

Reaction score
No complaints about my dealership installing my mopar lift. They accepted the 15% mopar accessories coupon dropping $200 additional off this quoted price. Labor rate was at 80 an hour because they have a lower rate for installing accessories. They matched the lowest online price I could find for these tires at the time. I Love the results and it still drives great! Get compliments on the truck all the time!

Attachments

• ram lift quote.jpg
    ram lift quote.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 66

Portercycling250

Reaction score
No complaints about my dealership installing my mopar lift. They accepted the 15% mopar accessories coupon dropping $200 additional off this quoted price. Labor rate was at 80 an hour because they have a lower rate for installing accessories. They matched the lowest online price I could find for these tires at the time. I Love the results and it still drives great! Get compliments on the truck all the time!
Thanks for the reply. I’m kinda with you and have no issue with my dealer. My truck is brand new and warranty is important. I am a believer that keeping parts and service from a dealer in the long run helps immensely with resale. If a potential buyer knows everything has been done at a dealer with documentation it will be worth more than any savings short term. I look at the long term . I’ll be adding this lift hopefully after Xmas holidays as long as Kit is available.

Users who are viewing this thread