5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xpel PPF

KyleBrobst24

Reaction score
Just recently purchase a 2021 ram 1500 Laramie and went ahead and got a partial clip of XPEL PPF put on. I paid $1,472 for it including tax and am curious as to what some of you have paid for the same. Also for those who have had it for a while how is it holding up

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Prices vary from location to location, but a bigger factor is just how much area was covered with the PPF. On my last truck a local shop quoted me around $800 to cover the bumper, grille, front 1/3 of the hood/fenders, and mirror caps.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Prices vary from location to location, but a bigger factor is just how much area was covered with the PPF. On my last truck a local shop quoted me around $800 to cover the bumper, grille, front 1/3 of the hood/fenders, and mirror caps.
wow! I paid $1900, all said and done, for the same thing!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I paid $1300-1400 or so. Partial hood, partial fender, headlights, bumper, grill, mirror caps, a pillar, roof cap. Done in Xpel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cervelo15

Reaction score
Just had mine done over a week ago and it was ~$2500….that was for full hood, mirror caps, full bumper, quarter panels, ”cheeks” under the headlights and grille surround….after seeing the moderate amount of rock chips a trip to Florida did to a painted bumper, I wasn’t messing around, no matter what the cost was.

This also included prep to the surfaces to apply the PPF.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hood(24 inches), overlapped on fenders, chipmunk cheeks, A pillar, Roof(12 inches), door sills- $ 485 Canadian

morwyne

Reaction score
Just had mine done over a week ago and it was ~$2500….that was for full hood, mirror caps, full bumper, quarter panels, ”cheeks” under the headlights and grille surround….after seeing the moderate amount of rock chips a trip to Florida did to a painted bumper, I wasn’t messing around, no matter what the cost was.

This also included prep to the surfaces to apply the PPF.

That's expensive. Can you use a DA to apply wax?

cervelo15

Reaction score
That's expensive. Can you use a DA to apply wax?
It was, but like i said, I was ok with it after I saw the moderate damage I had after a road trip to Florida. I also did full hood, which is a little more. A half hood will be cheaper. Plus there was a $125 charge to remove the coating I had on there to make sure the film stuck ok.

As for using a DA to apply wax, not sure about that. I would think no, despite its healing capabilities for scratches, etc. Plus I think the heat from the DA might compromise it a bit.

I have to do a wash shortly, so I plan to use No Rinse wash and a softer sponge, per the coating recommendation. I want to follow that to a 'T'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/