5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM Says Pandora only for 2020 Trucks

stevestrike

Reaction score
I understand that. I was just trying to help by suggesting trying the app to resynchronize data with Pandora. Likewise, if we have the same software load, there are no differences.
OK, apologies--thank you for helping out.

My UConnect trial ended this month, so perhaps that has something to do with the Pandora part? Who knows with FCA.... Ram ownership has not been a very smooth experience for me in the first year.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, apologies--thank you for helping out.

My UConnect trial ended this month, so perhaps that has something to do with the Pandora part? Who knows with FCA.... Ram ownership has not been a very smooth experience for me in the first year.
Thats exactly the reason, you only get 12 months of SiriusXM so once that expired you lose anything related to the XM. It says it on your window sticker and they send an obscene amount of emails and snail mail telling you it expires in a year. FCA is one of the few that give you a year free, most are 3-6 months at best. Not really sure how you can blame FCA for this. I think they are the only ones who give you 5 years for the XM Connect or whatever the travel and weather alerts are called.

stevestrike

Reaction score
Thats exactly the reason, you only get 12 months of SiriusXM so once that expired you lose anything related to the XM. It says it on your window sticker and they send an obscene amount of emails and snail mail telling you it expires in a year. FCA is one of the few that give you a year free, most are 3-6 months at best. Not really sure how you can blame FCA for this. I think they are the only ones who give you 5 years for the XM Connect or whatever the travel and weather alerts are called.
Here's the thing: I do have a paid subscription to SiriusXM. What expired is the "SiriusXM Guardian" which seems to be the UConnect app for remote start/unlock/horn etc.. and anti-theft stuff.

So I'm not 100% clear on the differences, but I do have working Sirius radio under my paid subscription, just no Pandora option any longer.

According to this website, SXMG is only for SOS, roadside assit, and the app. https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html/

stevestrike

Reaction score
There's a plan in between called "all access" that gives you Pandora.
Ding ding a winner! Thank you for helping me solve this!

Based your your post, I found this:

I've only got "Select", but it was $5/mo. Now I'm not sure the "all access" package is worth the extra $200/yr

Nukegm426

Reaction score

I've only got "Select", but it was $5/mo. Now I'm not sure the "all access" package is worth the extra $200/yr

Call them and tell them if they can’t make it cheaper you'll cancel... They can cut quite a bit off the price but won’t until your threatening to cancel. As an example I had to cancel my subscription in January because i got rear ended in my 2018 and totaled the truck. Kept having to argue to cancel it they just wanted to renew for cheaper lol.

RJS

Reaction score

My 19 Laramie 1 yr SiriusXM subscription was originally all access and with less than 3 months to go, they sent me an offer of $99 ($120 total) for one year of all access when my subscription ends. I probably wouldn't be happy with any other plan due to my listening habits so I signed up.
When quoting plans check to see the total cost as they usually don't quote the additional fees when they say $99/yr or $5/mo. That's why I added the total cost of $120 for the $99 plan.

Users who are viewing this thread