5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM radio distortion

bman877

Reaction score
I have had my 2019 bighorn for a few weeks now with the standard 6 speaker sound system. I traded in my 2017 Durango with the premium sound. I have immediately noticed that the SiriusXM sounds terrible compared to the Media, Bluetooth, or Android-Auto sound inputs. Mainly when playing hip hop stations, it sounds like the output levels are too high and the bass distorts, even at low volume levels and a flat EQ. It does not look like there is a way to adjust the output level from XM, it just needs to come down a little. I plan on upgrading the speakers and adding a subwoofer, but if the output from XM is clipping from the head unit.. that is going to be an issue. I plan on putting the speaker output on my oscilloscope to verify the signal is truly clipping. Has anyone else noticed this?

Users who are viewing this thread