5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM and Bluetooth GPS

kjk05006

Reaction score
Is there a way to listen to music on XM but allow the turn-by-turn from my phone GPS to come through over bluetooth? Right now I can only get my turn by turn instructions if the bluetooth source is chosen. If I want to listen to an XM channel, I can no longer hear the turn-by-turn. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you not using Android Auto or Car Play? If you plug it into the USB port, the directions will be heard over the radio (and quite loudly).

kjk05006

Reaction score
Are you not using Android Auto or Car Play? If you plug it into the USB port, the directions will be heard over the radio (and quite loudly).

This is for when I’m using Bluetooth. Sometimes I don’t like plugging it in and like to run the gps from my pocket or wireless charger.

It does work when plugged in with CarPlay.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You won't be able to play your XM and listen to directions it is two different audio outputs and it wont' switch as far as I'm aware.

jmac

Reaction score
Why not turn off your blue tooth on your phone, then you can hear the directions from your phone speaker.

BernieR

Reaction score
iOS has options in the settings to make Google Maps act like a phone call when announcing directions

Users who are viewing this thread