5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong location, GPS Reset

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I drove to Ohio a couple of weeks ago which is in a different time zone for me. On the way back the car play navigation geeked out and seemed convinced I was in Ohio. Thought it was phone but over the last couple of weeks the clock on the display was still at the incorrect time zone and every time I would connect my phone it would tell me I was back in the same town in Ohio. The interface between the truck and phone did some strange things and I determined that the trucks assumed location was overriding my phone. When disconnected the phone would eventually correct itself but the truck never did. I tried various resets on the phone and the UConnect but finally just disconnected the battery, both terminals, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Hooked it back up and everything works again. Some similar threads on here but there were lots of suggestions for cables, software, etc. battery did the trick for me. The only thing I can’t figure out is why the hell they used different sized nuts on the battery connectors. I usually only have to 5 trips to the toolbox to find the right size. This doubled it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread