5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wrecked ram won't start

glen martin

Reaction score
I recently purchased a wrecked 20' Bighorn. after body and structural repairs, as one would expect, I have a million codes set. I have no comm codes on the scanner . I have no power to the ecm/pcm fuse in the distribution box under the hood, fuse # 28. If I try to run a jumper to it for power, it starts to crank, but wont fire. It continues to crank until I remove the jumper. Wondering if the circuit board in the fuse box might be the culprit. Any ideas or wiring diagrams out there?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you done a search? I know wiring diagrams have been posted on here many times before.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Rule of thumb: last thing you worked on is first thing to check.

A bad ground can send power the wrong way through all kinds of circuits and create bizarre symptoms. Start at the negative battery terminal and work your way along. Maybe a body ground was left loose. Or the body shop painted all the threads. Or the harness was undone and there's no engine ground.

glen martin

Reaction score
I'm getting a wiring diagram today from a nearby shop. I did the frame swap myself and left the harnesses intact when doing so. the only harness that had damaged cut wires was the right headlight wiring. I am taking your advice and will backtrack all ground points. I suspect the engine fuse box got wet during this whole process, sitting in a storage facility for a year, so I want to pin that out before I rule that out. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread