5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't start

JimisRam

Reaction score
Hello Ram owners. I need to pick your brains a little. I purchased a 2021 Ram Longhorn Limited with the 5.7 E-Torque and it won't start with the push button starter. It will however start with the remote starter on the key fob. Any ideas?

Maybe the brake pedal switch ? I assume this is a recent problem and it was working before ?
It was working fine the day before. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a faulty ignition switch radio frequency switch. I'm not sure about the radio frequency switch. Anyway it should be done today. Thanks for your response. And I love the Rebel pickup. I had a 2017 that my son convinced me to sell to him. At least it's still in the family.

It was working fine the day before. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a faulty ignition switch radio frequency switch. I'm not sure about the radio frequency switch. Anyway it should be done today. Thanks for your response. And I love the Rebel pickup. I had a 2017 that my son convinced me to sell to him. At least it's still in the family.
The radio frequency switch I believe is just the frequency the start button recognizes the key fob .
I traded in a 2016 Rebel for this one . I did love that truck but I was having problems with the air ride freezing up in the winter months . It would have gotten quite expensive when out of warranty .

Well my truck is still at the dealership. They have replaced the ECM and a few other parts and now it won't even start with the remote. They called last week and said, "We can't fix it." They are going to call Chrysler to see what they can do. Interesting that they can't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back