5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging issue

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the same as Darksteel, with my last phone. It caused battery drain on the phone, so I took it back off. May have been the phone though. I broke that phone and broke the face, so I got a different phone. Haven't tried it on this one yet.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did the same as Darksteel, with my last phone. It caused battery drain on the phone, so I took it back off. May have been the phone though. I broke that phone and broke the face, so I got a different phone. Haven't tried it on this one yet.
It was most likely the coil not your phone.
A LOT of them are junk, can drain battery, massive heat problems while charging, etc.

Throw fast charging out the window when you install one but I bet a lot of people would be okay with that as it's still one less step not needing to charge it and just placing it down.
Even charging overnight with a coil the crappiest coil should still fully charge a phone, but in a truck you need to be more concerned with heat and not melting anything imo.

6of36

Reaction score
Even using the USB cable the phone charges slowly.
Malodave
USB cables are not all the same. I've had some cables that charged slower than others, with same phone and charger.

Luv2fly3

Reaction score
It was most likely the coil not your phone.
A LOT of them are junk, can drain battery, massive heat problems while charging, etc.

Throw fast charging out the window when you install one but I bet a lot of people would be okay with that as it's still one less step not needing to charge it and just placing it down.
Even charging overnight with a coil the crappiest coil should still fully charge a phone, but in a truck you need to be more concerned with heat and not melting anything imo.
Heat is the issue I often have with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I can get the blue light to come on, and it shows charging. However it really doesn't seem to charge, and heat is an issue. I've had many occasions since buying my 22 a few months ago, where the phone will stop charging and I get a message that it will resume when temperatures go down. Pulling the phone off the charing pad reveals my phone is hot as is the pad. I don't want to damage anything, so I've been looking for a solution, which I'm beginning to understand probably isn't likely to find. Just a poor design, especially for larger phones. I'll try the sideways idea and see if that might work. Otherwise, I might have to just go with plugging it in when a charge is needed.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
My dad has wireless in his truck.... i have a Galaxy and oddly enough my phone only works if case is off and screen is faced down.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've seen several threads citing issues with the factory wireless charging. Typical problems are slow charging, intermittent charging ,etc. I have a Samsung S23 (previous S9+). The charge rate is extremely slow (yes I removed the case). Due to the constant intermittent charging issue the home screen is constantly waking up. This with the slow rate turns the charger into a maintainer! I get 2% or 3% with an hour on the charger. As others have said, I've reverted to a cable. The question is how widespread is this problem and what are our chances of getting a proper solution from GMC?
The chance of people here getting thr proper solution from GMC is 0% because this is a Ram form not GMC.

My Pixel 6a with a wireless charging coil under a case works fine in my truck. Wireless charging is a gimic.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The chance of people here getting thr proper solution from GMC is 0% because this is a Ram form not GMC.

My Pixel 6a with a wireless charging coil under a case works fine in my truck. Wireless charging is a gimic.

That's a bot.

Users who are viewing this thread