5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Climate Control Issue - Blend Door?

pilotguybb

Reaction score
I've been watching the threads on the AC issues, but haven't heard much since winter has set in. In have a 2019 bighorn level 2 with dual zones. The heat works well on both sides. After the cabin warms up, I usually turn the temp to 70 or so...but it continues to blow hot...it cools slightly, but still way hotter than 70. The other way I get it to blow less hot is to turn it all the way cold which is then way too cold in the winter. It's even worse when the passenger side zone stays on the warmer side.

Truck is at the dealer now and "they can't replicate it"...but are happy to charge me $150 to start the truck and twist the knob.

Has anyone made any progress on the blend door issue? Seems like this could be the winter version of the same thing that others have reported.

Sgoodwin1

Reaction score
Mine has a similar issue when it’s cold out like 35 degrees it blows way too hot I set the climate control to 64 but it feels like 90, when it warms up outside it works like it should. Let me know if they figure it out

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
I've been watching the threads on the AC issues, but haven't heard much since winter has set in. In have a 2019 bighorn level 2 with dual zones. The heat works well on both sides. After the cabin warms up, I usually turn the temp to 70 or so...but it continues to blow hot...it cools slightly, but still way hotter than 70. The other way I get it to blow less hot is to turn it all the way cold which is then way too cold in the winter. It's even worse when the passenger side zone stays on the warmer side.

Truck is at the dealer now and "they can't replicate it"...but are happy to charge me $150 to start the truck and twist the knob.

Has anyone made any progress on the blend door issue? Seems like this could be the winter version of the same thing that others have reported.

Why would they charge you? Are you not under warranty?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine's been trouble-free as far as the auto-climate control for close to a year and a half now. I set it at 74* - auto when I bought it and haven't moved it more than one degree up a couple of times. I set it and forgot it. First year was in Florida and now I'm in miserably cold Michigan. The truck has only been to the dealerships for oil changes, tire rotations and 2 recalls. I've had 20+ vehicles with auto climate control and this one is just as good or better than my previous ones.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^This has been my experience for the last year as well. Only I leave mine set at 70 most days. Even had my oil changed today and I told them not to flash any updates to my truck, as I didn't want them to "fix" anything that's not/and never has been broken.

d19r93

Reaction score
the way I understand it, the climate control will open and close the blend door as necessary to reach the desired temp in the cabin. So if it's 10 degrees outside, adn you have it set to 70* on the climate, it's going to blast full heat until it gets close to that temp inside, and then slowly back off the heat. It's always been like that for me. I prefer the old fashioned knob that I control how much heat would flow, vs the "automatic" climate systems these days.

Users who are viewing this thread