5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wipers affecting dash lights

SebbySpin

Reaction score
Hello,

'21 Bighorn ~64k miles

I wanted to start by sayin this really isn't a big deal, just something I noticed on my commute home during a thunderstorm yesterday.

I would have my windshield wipers going and the dashboard lights would dim regardless of what the light sensor was reading. I would turn the wipers off and the lights would immediately brighten. I repeated this process probably 6-7 times throughout traffic and it would take about 10-11 seconds after turning the wipers on for the dash lights to dim.

Anyone deal with this before? Would this be an easy fix? As mentioned, its really not a huge deal if its not an easy fix.

Thanks for the help/suggestions/advice!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,

'21 Bighorn ~64k miles

I wanted to start by sayin this really isn't a big deal, just something I noticed on my commute home during a thunderstorm yesterday.

I would have my windshield wipers going and the dashboard lights would dim regardless of what the light sensor was reading. I would turn the wipers off and the lights would immediately brighten. I repeated this process probably 6-7 times throughout traffic and it would take about 10-11 seconds after turning the wipers on for the dash lights to dim.

Anyone deal with this before? Would this be an easy fix? As mentioned, its really not a huge deal if its not an easy fix.

Thanks for the help/suggestions/advice!
This is normal. There is a setting in Uconnect in the lighting section (I think) that turns on your headlights when the wipers are on. Headlights should be on in rainy conditions and this helps you to remember to do that.

SebbySpin

Reaction score
This is normal. There is a setting in Uconnect in the lighting section (I think) that turns on your headlights when the wipers are on. Headlights should be on in rainy conditions and this helps you to remember to do that.
LOL well if this is a setting then I sure look like a newbie. Will check it out later! Here I am thinking this was a weird electrical kink or something haha

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is a feature you can turn off but before you turn it off be aware the feature exists because there are 18 states that require you turn on your headlights when it's raining and you are operating the wipers regardless of how dark it is.

SebbySpin

Reaction score
It is a feature you can turn off but before you turn it off be aware the feature exists because there are 18 states that require you turn on your headlights when it's raining and you are operating the wipers regardless of how dark it is.
This is great to know, I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread