5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Tint with Heads Up Display

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Has anyone tinted their front windshield who also has the heads up display? Wanted to see how much it did or didn't affect the visibility of the HUD., better yet if anyone had any pictures. Thanks

Before it happens, I don't want this to devolve into why you shouldn't tint your front windshield.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
I had to adjust mine a little brighter otherwise it’s fine. I have 50% on my whole front windshield. I can see it perfect day or night.

frostymug

Reaction score
Got mine tinted @ 50% with 3M ceramic and I can actually see the hud better. It looked blurry for the first few days while the glue cured, but looks fantastic now. You can have your tint shop cut a small piece so you can hold it up to your windshield to be 100% sure the hud will display fine for you.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One other thought on Windsheild tint. What about Inspection stickers?
or other stickers that need to be changed from time to time?

Malodave

frostymug

Reaction score
One other thought on Windsheild tint. What about Inspection stickers?
or other stickers that need to be changed from time to time?

Malodave
Regardless of the stickers, you likely won’t pass inspection with windshield tint, depending on your state. Some of us live in states where there is either no inspection, or only an inspection at purchase. If you live in a yearly inspection state, it’s likely you won’t pass with windshield tint.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
This is my case. No inspections and very lax on window tint enforcement

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is my case. No inspections and very lax on window tint enforcement
I’ve heard of people using the static cling cell phone screen protectors to put their inspections stickers on and place on the windshield. I left Texas prior to ever putting my windshield sticker on so I don’t know

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regardless of the stickers, you likely won’t pass inspection with windshield tint, depending on your state. Some of us live in states where there is either no inspection, or only an inspection at purchase. If you live in a yearly inspection state, it’s likely you won’t pass with windshield tint.

I was talking about the "clear" tint for the UV and IR protection. NH is kind of
a stickler on Tinting, but only the Staties carry a meter. My '08 Big Horn I
tinted the Back Doors and Rear Window right after I purchased it. Everything
was fine for 10 years until I tried to use a Discount Coupon for an Inspection. This
place was out to find anything they could to drum up business for their repair side.
Like places will fail Wipers so you just have the shop change them (at inflated prices)
just to get your Sticker.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread