5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Issues

CRAD

Reaction score
I am not really familiar with using these forums but have seen some posts on windshield cracks. I have a 2021 bighorn with less than 4k miles. Took a trip this weekend and came back with at least three cracks in my windshield all at different times. One was a rock that would arguably cause a chip, but one was a very light impact from something unseen or heard and I believe the other was a bumblebee!!! The windshield in my truck is definitely faulty in some way. In my experience it usually takes something substantial to crack or chip a windshield. I took this same trip in my 2014 gmc and never a chip or crack. Did stuff hit the windshield, sure it did. This makes me a little nervous about what would happen if a quarter or half dollar sized rock hit the windshield. I truly believe it would go through the windshield. Any feedback on this would be helpful.

FWIW - I had what must have been a golf ball sized object hit my windshield and shatter it inside and out...the plastic laminate did its job and kept the windshield intact until it could be replaced. It would take something really heavy and/or sharp to come through the windshield.

As for you having a defective windshield...this seems unlikely but anything is possible, so run it by your dealer. Hate to be a downer but I'm guessing they'll say it's not covered.

FWIW - I had what must have been a golf ball sized object hit my windshield and shatter it inside and out...the plastic laminate did its job and kept the windshield intact until it could be replaced. It would take something really heavy and/or sharp to come through the windshield.

As for you having a defective windshield...this seems unlikely but anything is possible, so run it by your dealer. Hate to be a downer but I'm guessing they'll say it's not covered.
Thats why we have glass coverage in our insurance policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back