5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield electronics...

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I am getting a windshield brow decal. Similar to what was on my old truck (pictured here). Is there anything electonic in the windshield stuff that would be affected by this? I don't have a clue all of what is in that dome works. I have rain sensing wipers, and no idea what else is up in that thing.
The mirror dome is pretty big... Here's a pic of it with my dash cam.
1705109123538.png
And here is a pic of what I'm adding to the top:
1705109347839.png

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am getting a windshield brow decal. Similar to what was on my old truck (pictured here). Is there anything electonic in the windshield stuff that would be affected by this? I don't have a clue all of what is in that dome works. I have rain sensing wipers, and no idea what else is up in that thing.
The mirror dome is pretty big... Here's a pic of it with my dash cam.
View attachment 174479
And here is a pic of what I'm adding to the top:
View attachment 174480
On the 5th gens, there could be a DASM if you have ACC, FCW, etc. Any installer will be able to do it without issue.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
What is ACC, FCW, etc? And I'm installing the white decal myself. The tint strip is on the inside of the windshield. So I'm only curious about the white vinyl letters causing an issue....?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What is ACC, FCW, etc? And I'm installing the white decal myself. The tint strip is on the inside of the windshield. So I'm only curious about the white vinyl letters causing an issue....?
There's radar and a camera in there.
Speed adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and possibly lane keep assist all go through that.
I'm not sure if a Sport has those feature, we don't have that trim in the US.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Pick something where you can leave a gap over it. Maybe mess with font size
Yeah, the only thing I'm going to be able to do is try to mess with placement. I'm ordering it from a friend of mine on the other side of the country. I'm going to have to hope I can tell where the electronics are from the outside so I can perhaps move things left/right to miss things.
Can I assume that the radar wouldn't be affected by the vinyl? Man, I wish I could actually view the camera that is up there. I never thought there was a camera there... Since there is a camera in the grille.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, the only thing I'm going to be able to do is try to mess with placement. I'm ordering it from a friend of mine on the other side of the country. I'm going to have to hope I can tell where the electronics are from the outside so I can perhaps move things left/right to miss things.
Can I assume that the radar wouldn't be affected by the vinyl? Man, I wish I could actually view the camera that is up there. I never thought there was a camera there... Since there is a camera in the grille.
You can tell by the big black plastic cover above the rear-view mirror on the inside. Put nothing under that and you will be fine. What I mean by "under it" is don't remove the cover at all. You can view the camera because it is integrated into the DASM and there is no output for it.

Users who are viewing this thread