5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind Noise - Whistling

Sgoodwin1

Reaction score
Mine does the whistling to. Sounds like it’s coming from the top front of the cab. Any fix yet?

officerbhill

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if this sound is what you’re hearing? My first time hearing it today, can’t tell if it’s wind or if it’s something else
This is the exact sound i get. But it's only on windy days and it matters which direction I'm traveling. Sometimes it sounds like it comes from the passenger side and sometimes the driver's side. It's annoying as hell!!

tcbc01

Reaction score
This is the exact sound i get. But it's only on windy days and it matters which direction I'm traveling. Sometimes it sounds like it comes from the passenger side and sometimes the driver's side. It's annoying as hell!!
Same problem here on 2019 Limited, has anyone found a solution?

mesquite5010

Reaction score
See the thread “Whistling Sound”

I had this exact issue with my 19’ Rebel. It is the door seals. 100%. There is a solution in that thread with putting 3/16” backing behind your door seals. I did that and not a peep since. I commented in that thread a couple of days ago so it should take much searching. Sorry….I couldn’t figure out how to link it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I have the same whistling noise is this something covered under Mopar Max Care?

jlo_tx

Reaction score
I have this issue in my 2019 Bighorn. The service guy was supposed to order a part and call but he never did. Something about an AC box.

I decided that the possible new and unknown problems that might come from ripping open the dashboard aren't worth it. I can make the noise stop by slightly opening the passenger window, a quick tap on the button does it. The problem seems to occur when the cab is sealed too much.

Draid

Reaction score
I had this in my 2014 megacab. After much searching, I found a small passage through the sealant on the front windshield far right bottom edge. Only did it with recirculation knob in certain position. A little sealant fixed it nicely. Took a while to locate it though.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2022 rebel it was at the dealership for 2 weeks waiting to go under the knife and then once it went in they completed the job in 2 days they took apart the whole dashboard in order to the replace the seal in the hvac system I was def worried about more additional damage by taking the dash apart but I’m happy to say nothing went wrong and the truck is nice and quite now.

Users who are viewing this thread