5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind down sound

MARTY

Reaction score
When I shut off truck, sometimes it makes a groaning and whistling sound. Very strange.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
When I shut off truck, sometimes it makes a groaning and whistling sound. Very strange.
It's likely the AC. Try shutting off AC or defrost a minute or so early and see if it goes away. It doesn't mean there's something wrong, it's just the refrigerant expanding and pushing itself backwards through the expansion valve.

MARTY

Reaction score
It's likely the AC. Try shutting off AC or defrost a minute or so early and see if it goes away. It doesn't mean there's something wrong, it's just the refrigerant expanding and pushing itself backwards through the expansion valve.
Thanks for the reply.That would be possible but not likely since it is 18 degrees here.It sounds like a turbo unloading.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread