5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will need new tires, soon - suggestions?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, so I replaced my stock ORG wheels/tires within 6 weeks of taking delivery of my truck back in 2019. I'm currently running Atturo TrailBlade XT in 295/60-20 and have 30k-35k on them. If you ask me how they are, they're...fine. These are my first set of A/T tires so I really have no basis for comparison but for the price paid I'm fine with them. FWIW, the stock ORG Falken Wildpeak AT3 seemed to ride smoother and were quieter (this could be due to smaller size) but again, I only had them on for about a month so not the greatest sample size.

This brings me to the million dollar question: what should my replacement tires be? I'll be looking for the same size as my current tires and have narrowed it down to a few choices based on my preferences/research but am open to any other suggestions/experiences any of you have had. I'm looking for:

- very aggressive look (all terrain or "hybrid terrain"; don't want mud terrain)
- good balance of on/off-road manners (particularly in inclement weather - 3PMSF preferred)
- smooth, quiet(er) ride

I've narrowed it down to:

- Toyo Open Country AT3 (these are 3PMSF rated)
- Nitto Ridge Grappler (these don't look as aggressive IMO and the tread block gaps are narrower potentially increasing the chances of packing)
- BFG KO2 (a longstanding staple in this arena)

I'm leaning towards the Toyo since they *look* the most aggressive to me and are 3PMSF rated. I've also heard/read/watched nothing but good things about them. Looking for experiences or any other suggestions you all may have, though - what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread