5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will a 2020 Ram 1500 CAI fit a 2021 Ram 1500?

Octane1990

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with the 5.7L Hemi w/Etorque. As I understand it there hasn't been any changes to the engine from 2020, however the websites I've seen which include K&N only list up to the 2020 model year for the Ram 1500 still. I'm looking at getting a new Series 63 Aircharger model from K&N which is similar to the intake I had on my 4th Gen. Is there any reason it wouldn't fit?

WithaREBELyell

Reaction score
I doubt there are any changes...just websites haven't updated yet. I just got a leftover 2020 and added this K&N filter. Just installed it this weekend and got it as an open box (I guess someone bought wrong one and returned) = sweet discount! All parts included.....looked brand new. Too soon to tell where the improved gas mileage will stop, but its about 1/2 mpg right now in just 2 days. Also added a little extra growl to the stock exhaust, but I got a Carven R-series exhaust on the way.

Octane1990

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered it. It's good to see you saw an MPG improvement. I had a 2016 ram 1500 2wd Sport prior to this and I was averaging about 2 MPG better. I know this truck has more options (more weight), 4x4 and the 3.92 gears but I was hoping the etorque system would cover the difference, especially considering the EPA rating is higher. My old truck did have the K&N on it so we'll see if it helps at all.

Users who are viewing this thread