5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI Shut off

Merlin

Reaction score
My wifi shut off, in the menu options the box is checked on, I have a data plan with at&t, it just stopped working. I called customer care and had the worst rep ever, yawning and breathing so heavy into the phone it was a brutal call. Anyway he sent me soft reset instructions which didnt do anything and said my only option was to take it into dealership, so I made an appointment for Monday. He said there is a radio update, and I have to do it. A few weeks ago I had the same issue and I had an awesome rep on the phone. She had me do a soft reset with just the power button and it seemed to do the trick after about a half hour of leaving the truck sitting.
The instructions I got from the current rep are to hold the phone and voice command buttons at the same time, and I'm assuming it is the buttons on the steering wheel. then after thirty seconds you turn the truck off and open the drivers door for 30 seconds and then you shut the door and start the truck. I didn't have to do any of this last time and it worked.

My question is, are there any other options before going to the dealer? I see some had an issue with the update ruining the radio and I don't want that to happen. Just annoyed that it happened again, and before getting the fantastic rep last time I called att and they said it was a ram issue, then att cancelled my plan for no reason and had to jump through hoops to get it turned back on. Just frustrated, truck goes back in a few months but I was going to keep it off lease. Now Im not so sure.

Merlin

Reaction score
Just an update. I went outside and started the truck after letting it sit for an hour or so and the wifi connection came back, so for now I have it. Stiil going to the dealer Monday for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread