5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI Question - New 2019 Big Horn

kilcher

Reaction score
Just brought home a used 2019 Big Horn w/ the 8.4 Uconnect system. When I go into settings there's no WIFI icon, does that mean it's not WIFI compatible? Would be really nice to have it for the kids iPads when we go on vacation. Our carrier only lets you add a 15GB hotspot and that got used up pretty quick last year.

Konrad

Reaction score
Just brought home a used 2019 Big Horn w/ the 8.4 Uconnect system. When I go into settings there's no WIFI icon, does that mean it's not WIFI compatible? Would be really nice to have it for the kids iPads when we go on vacation. Our carrier only lets you add a 15GB hotspot and that got used up pretty quick last year.

For that you need the version of uConnect with navigation and SiriusXM connect. The non-nav 8.4 does not offer any connectivity.
Still, even with the built-in hot spot it is an additional paid service and it's not unlimited either. I don't think you're missing much and it wouldn't solve your data limit problems, especially with kids LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kilcher

Reaction score
For that you need the version of uConnect with navigation and SiriusXM connect. The non-nav 8.4 does not offer any connectivity.
Still, even with the built-in hot spot it is an additional paid service and it's not unlimited either. I don't think you're missing much and it wouldn't solve your data limit problems, especially with kids LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have a $20 unlimited plan. We would have just gotten it the month we went on vacation. Either way, doesn't sound like I have it. Thanks for the reply!

Konrad

Reaction score

They have a $20 unlimited plan. We would have just gotten it the month we went on vacation. Either way, doesn't sound like I have it. Thanks for the reply!
I stand corrected. Wasn't aware of that. The plan looks really good, only I don't have the hardware either ;-).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread