5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Hotspot

__JAG__

Reaction score
I cannot find this option at all in the menu. Is it possible I do not have the latest update for the Uconnect?

I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Bighorn, just picked it up yesterday.

__JAG__

Reaction score
I have heard that connected services have been being deleted on a bunch of trucks...check your build sheet
Ahh that is correct. It does show that on the window sticker. What exactly are the not installing for that option?
Pretty dumb, they send me the email to activate the free trial ATT hotspot and I did, but cant use it.

__JAG__

Reaction score
yep...i assume chip shortage issues but just a guess...telematics module was left out
Ok thanks. Its not something that I would typically use or pay for. But was just going to try it out since I had a free trial.

Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates is the link to check if you need updates on non connected models. i have same as you. pretty dumb considering all the issues uconnect 5 has and lack of ota updates. im hoping this does not become an issue with us getting less updates that the connected models.
That website doesn't work.
It will never tell you there is an update available.

You can connect your truck to wifi if it's in range and let it idle for 10 minutes in range.
USB updates are possible but it's not currently possible to get the update files except from forum members who have them from unknown sources.

Reaction score
That website doesn't work.
It will never tell you there is an update available.

You can connect your truck to wifi if it's in range and let it idle for 10 minutes in range.
USB updates are possible but it's not currently possible to get the update files except from forum members who have them from unknown sources.
you can not connect to wifi with connected services deleted and no nav option.

Users who are viewing this thread