5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi has not worked for over a year and my dealership has no answer why

KGWhip

Reaction score
My WiFi suddenly stopped working and I notified AT&T. They told me my software needed to be updated to the newest version. I made an appointment at my home dealership and they did a software update. Apparently it was not enough. AT&T then told me that the file used to connect my trick was not the correct file. The dealership told me that the six different variants of the file were not present in the current software. AT&T was blaming Stillantis and Stilantis was blamming Ram. So we did a conference call and neither one has an answer for me. Now after I found my rear window to be leaking I was told that the WiFi unit is located in the rear of my truck. I’m not sure if the leak has anything to do with this. I never look on the back of my truck so I dont know how long the leak has been there. But if I am to believe that the leak problem is a notorious problem that Ram never fixed or fails to recognize the defect then I could only assume that this leak has been there since I bought it new off of the showroom floor. So my question is. Does anyone know if there is a solution to the all of a sudden failure in the WiFi connection. I purchased an iPad without cellular because I had a great WiFi devise built in my truck. Now the iPad I use for work is worthless to me if I have to leave my vehicle or pursue a signal to do my work. Frustrating to say the least. Dealership has no answers. AT&T has told me I need one of 6 different programs and Ram doesn’t offer any with their software upgrade. It’s as if there is no WiFi unit in my vehicle. The file doesn’t exist I’m told.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My WiFi suddenly stopped working and I notified AT&T. They told me my software needed to be updated to the newest version. I made an appointment at my home dealership and they did a software update. Apparently it was not enough. AT&T then told me that the file used to connect my trick was not the correct file. The dealership told me that the six different variants of the file were not present in the current software. AT&T was blaming Stillantis and Stilantis was blamming Ram. So we did a conference call and neither one has an answer for me. Now after I found my rear window to be leaking I was told that the WiFi unit is located in the rear of my truck. I’m not sure if the leak has anything to do with this. I never look on the back of my truck so I dont know how long the leak has been there. But if I am to believe that the leak problem is a notorious problem that Ram never fixed or fails to recognize the defect then I could only assume that this leak has been there since I bought it new off of the showroom floor. So my question is. Does anyone know if there is a solution to the all of a sudden failure in the WiFi connection. I purchased an iPad without cellular because I had a great WiFi devise built in my truck. Now the iPad I use for work is worthless to me if I have to leave my vehicle or pursue a signal to do my work. Frustrating to say the least. Dealership has no answers. AT&T has told me I need one of 6 different programs and Ram doesn’t offer any with their software upgrade. It’s as if there is no WiFi unit in my vehicle. The file doesn’t exist I’m told.
Sounds like you have a hardware failure in the radio, is the Wi-Fi icon missing in the display?
My Wi-Fi died 3.5 years into my ownership of the truck.
Had two options, buy a new radio for 1300 dollars or get a refurb. for about 400 bucks.
Did not like either option because my XM had not been shut down after the free trial period.

Last edited:

RAL

Reaction score
I would get the window leak repaired. If there is hardware damage from the leak, I would have them repair that as well. If the WiFi doesn’t work after all that, I would leave it alone. The WiFi in the truck is 4G and most modern cell phones are 5G with the ability to be used as a hot spot so you re not losing anything. The hotspot has some use with small kids for their devices but even then they can hook into a phone set up as a hot spot.

All that being said, Once the leak is fixed and the WiFi unit is repaired or replaced, my guess is that within a few weeks the WiFi will work again, as these devices are designed to get the firmware upgrades they need over the air and my guess is that it will do this once repaired.

This is small stuff and one of the reasons all these devices are not needed - they often cause more trouble than they are worth. Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread