5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why tires and wheels?

Robman

Reaction score
I bought this truck used with these tires and wheels already on it. the tires are 295/60/20 nitto ridge grapplers. My question is why do my tires stick out so far past the fenders? Others I see are about flush with there fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_6727.JPG
    IMG_6727.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 182

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It appears time that whoever had it prior has spacers installed. Anyway that you can pull a wheel off and check ?

Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s definitely decent sized wheel spacers on that. If you don’t want them sticking out you can simply remove the wheel spacers, or can get smaller sized ones, or of course switch to a different offset aftermarket wheel.

Robman

Reaction score
It appears time that whoever had it prior has spacers installed. Anyway that you can pull a wheel off and check ?
Yep, I didn't even think about spacers. I went out and looked and it has 2" spacers.. I have 295/60/20's do you think they will rub if I remove the spacers?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m thinking that they will but you maybe able to get away with a 1” one. That’s a large tire to run without at least 3” lift and I’m probably wrong about that...

Robman

Reaction score
Have you taken it out for an intense ride yet ?
Yeah, the dealership where I bought it at was 2.5 hours away. I traded my 2011 ram 2500 diesel in on it. I had forgot how much I love the Hemi. I still have a diesel I use for work so if I need any heavy hauling I’m still good.

Robman

Reaction score
I’m thinking that they will but you maybe able to get away with a 1” one. That’s a large tire to run without at least 3” lift and I’m probably wrong about that...
After spacer removal there's no rubbing yet.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Reaction score
Nice truck for me looks better now without those spacers im glad you can remove them with no issues!!! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread