5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can’t I find my UConnect Software version?

spinxt

Reaction score
I’ve looked in every menu for my Uconnect 8.4N software version but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
I’ve finally caved and scheduled an appt with the dealer to get it updated. I’ve got too many quirks that are driving me nuts. Then I recently received an update USB drive from FCA and it wouldn’t install.

RebelScum562

Reaction score
I’ve looked in every menu for my Uconnect 8.4N software version but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
I’ve finally caved and scheduled an appt with the dealer to get it updated. I’ve got too many quirks that are driving me nuts. Then I recently received an update USB drive from FCA and it wouldn’t install.

You have to press and hold the two outer soft buttons.
70f0938842e4f2268d985f54323cebe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
If you’d add a tag/signature line with your truck and some of the features people would know that. Search the forum for how to access it with the 8.4 system. There should be tons of posts about it.

Turin

Reaction score
I don’t have those soft buttons...I have the 8.4N (not 12”)
It's the position that matters, not the buttons that occupy them. Press and hold the outer soft buttons — whatever they are on your setup.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
It's the position that matters, not the buttons that occupy them. Press and hold the outer soft buttons — whatever they are on your setup.
the OP has the 8.4 Uconnect not the 12 Uconnect as stated

spinxt

Reaction score
thanks guys, your suggestion worked. It looks like I have software version 18.23.29. Is this the most current for the 8.4N?
I can’t imagine it is. It’s hasn’t been up dated since it’s nov 2018 build date

Turin

Reaction score
It looks like I have software version 18.23.29. Is this the most current for the 8.4N?
That's what I have as well. FCA has been promising an update "next quarter" for a good year now.

spinxt

Reaction score
That's what I have as well. FCA has been promising an update "next quarter" for a good year now.
I called Uconnect today...they confirmed that 18.23.29 is the most current software version for the 8.4N. And then they gave me BS line of “were continuously updating software and you’ll be notified when the next version comes out”. I then asked if he wanted to know some of the glitches I experienced and he said “we don’t need feedback, our developers always finding glitches and fixing them with updates”. I replied with “my truck was built in sept of 2018 and it’s never had an update... when is the first one going to come?” No answer. He took my email address and told me he’d email me with more information....not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread