5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here has a Ram Classic 1500 ?

WarReadyVet

Reaction score
And what are your opinions on it? Would you repurchase or would you have rather went with a Ram 1500? If you'd rather have not bought the Classic, why?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a 2017 before it was labeled the Classic and it was great. I think they look better than a 5th gen, probably would have kept it but it was a Tradesman Express and I wanted a few more things like remote start and power folding mirrors. What swayed my decision to the 5th Gen were little things, like an all electric fan and bigger/better brakes. If my 4th Gen was a BigHorn or Laramie I'd still be driving it

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Lots of people are still loving their 4th gens (which is what the classic 1500 is). And a lot of people prefer the looks of the 4th gens, like Scram1500. I owned two 4th gens (2015 Tradesman and 2017 Rebel) and both trucks were great. I probably would have kept the Rebel but after my daughter bought a 2019 Rebel I was hooked on 5th gens. They are just so much more refined. And I'm one who thinks they look better than 4th gens. I also wanted to get a truck with the rambox option and ventilated seats.

I say drive both and decide which you like better. You certainly can't go wrong if you decide to get a 1500 classic. You're just limited on some of the creature comforts that you can't get with them (leather, 12 inch display, ventilated seats, MFT, etorque, panoramic sunroof, among other things). I'm sure there are lots of buyers who would get one if they were offered in a higher trim level. You can option out a Warlock pretty nicely. I built one out with almost every option offered. But at over $54k you're well into 5th gen Laramie and Rebel prices. Not to overstate the obvious, but it basically comes down to which one you would rather drive.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Lots of people are still loving their 4th gens (which is what the classic 1500 is). And a lot of people prefer the looks of the 4th gens, like Scram1500. I owned two 4th gens (2015 Tradesman and 2017 Rebel) and both trucks were great. I probably would have kept the Rebel but after my daughter bought a 2019 Rebel I was hooked on 5th gens. They are just so much more refined. And I'm one who thinks they look better than 4th gens. I also wanted to get a truck with the rambox option and ventilated seats.

I say drive both and decide which you like better. You certainly can't go wrong if you decide to get a 1500 classic. You're just limited on some of the creature comforts that you can't get with them (leather, 12 inch display, ventilated seats, MFT, etorque, panoramic sunroof, among other things). I'm sure there are lots of buyers who would get one if they were offered in a higher trim level. You can option out a Warlock pretty nicely. I built one out with almost every option offered. But at over $54k you're well into 5th gen Laramie and Rebel prices. Not to overstate the obvious, but it basically comes down to which one you would rather drive.
Like above I had 2 4th gens and loved them both . The first was a Tradesman and then a 2016 Rebel . I’d still have the 2016 if the air ride didn’t keep freezing on it in the winter up here . That’s why I traded it in on the 2019 Rebel without the air ride . The Warlocks are really nice and up here they offer 25% off MSRP .

WarReadyVet

Reaction score

If I'm being fully transparent here, I'm mostly interested in the Warlock if I were to go Classic. That front is killer. As you said, though, when you start adding the options and stuff you're already getting into Laramie/Rebel pricing when I'm probably going to have a much more comfortable time affording a used Big Horn.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked out a 2019 classic warlock before settings eyes on any 5th gens
It had everything I thought I wanted, but dragged my feet, and dealer sold it before I could come sign it
Decided to search their lot online to see what else they had that was comparable. No other warlocks fit the bill, but a few 5th gems did (and more)
Once I sat in it I was hooked. Made some presets in radio before end of test drive and told the guy it was now mine

aodetailnj

Reaction score
I had a ‘17 Big Horn for three years and loved that truck, did everything well and imo was a better looking truck. Traded it in on my ‘21 Laramie. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 5th Gen, but I miss the looks of the 4th Gen

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Have you gone in to talk with the dealer and see what kind of incentives they’re offering on the Warlock ?

JP_Night18

Reaction score
I picked up my 18', which I believed these are labeled "classic" with the 2019 new model. I wanted a used 19 sport but didn't have much bells and whistles like the 18 night edition. So I ended up with the 18.

Pic

Reaction score
Just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic...I pick it up on Friday. It replaces my 2017 Longhorn Limited which burnt to a crisp...LOL

Reaction score
Had a 2019 Warlock Classic for over a year. Great truck. Agreed with some of the above statements, it was a little bare bones but was still a capable truck for not much $. The Warlocks look more relevant now in my opinion, with the new Rebel and Power Wagon having a similar front end.

Texsinbad

Reaction score
Everybody is different, but for me, I am very glad that the Classic was available. I recently bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman Crew Cab because it was the lowest price (OTD $34,076) I could find for a half ton to pull a new travel trailer I will soon be getting.

I am not a truck person and didn't care which truck, but I have to admit, this is a nice truck. Everything that I need--5.7 Hemi, 3.92 rear axle, tow package, tow mirrows, and more.

Users who are viewing this thread