5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who can i talk to?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my truck in because the shocks were leaking oil and they denied to fix because I recently added airlift airbags. Now I know about the magnuson-moss act here in the US but the service advisor doesnt even know what that is. This is ridiculous, how can a component that benefits the shocks void the warranty for the shocks???? There has to be someone else in FCA I can have help me. I even called FCA and they said they couldn't do anything, they said they rely on the dealers as their eyes and give them all the power to void a warranty.

mkel2010

Reaction score
Contact the service manager and tell him you'd like to speak to his factory rep. The factory rep should be somewhat local and should (hopefully) be able to straighten it out.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Contact the service manager and tell him you'd like to speak to his factory rep. The factory rep should be somewhat local and should (hopefully) be able to straighten it out.
My dealership has plainly said that they are supposed to keep the factory rep isolated from customers. It would be nice if they had a more open attitude, but that's not what I've encountered.

mkel2010

Reaction score
My dealership has plainly said that they are supposed to keep the factory rep isolated from customers. It would be nice if they had a more open attitude, but that's not what I've encountered.

My response to that would be: Fine, then you contact the factory rep and get him in here to look at the vehicle and tell me why your dealership doesn't know about Magnusson-Moss.

The older I get, the more I learn that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If the service manager doesn't want to fix an issue, then I'd go to his boss, which is usually the GM for the dealership. Keep pushing buttons until it's fixed, louder and louder each time. ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My response to that would be: Fine, then you contact the factory rep and get him in here to look at the vehicle and tell me why your dealership doesn't know about Magnusson-Moss.

The older I get, the more I learn that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If the service manager doesn't want to fix an issue, then I'd go to his boss, which is usually the GM for the dealership. Keep pushing buttons until it's fixed, louder and louder each time. ;)
To his credit, the service manager was happy to help. I’m pretty sure their FCA rep is responsible for this behavior.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I con in touch with Chrysler today and they said there was nothing they can do. They are going to "try" to get me in contact with the area manager

To his credit, the service manager was happy to help. I’m pretty sure their FCA rep is responsible for this behavior.
Lucky you. I'm having the worst luck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky you. I'm having the worst luck.
While I’m “lucky” that the service manager has been approachable, I’m disappointed at the behavior of the FCA rep, i.e. my complete lack of access to him to resolve issues.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I’m “lucky” that the service manager has been approachable, I’m disappointed at the behavior of the FCA rep, i.e. my complete lack of access to him to resolve issues.
Same. I cant believe I called Chrysler and said the dealers are independently owned so they have the final say other than the area manager. They don't want to replace my shocks even tho I took pictures of the leaking shocks prior to installing airbags. But now that the airbags are they will not fix them. Even then they have to abide by federal law and follow the magnuson moss warranty. Being independently doesn't exempt them from the law.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Same. I cant believe I called Chrysler and said the dealers are independently owned so they have the final say other than the area manager.
That's such a cop-out on their part. If *any* dealer is able to perform warranty work, as they so proudly tell us on here, then it's a moot point that the dealership is independently owned - they just about all are.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I was going to suggest the actual GM. when I was in this spot, same crap, I walked in and asked the sales manager for the GM. I told him the scenario, he walked over with me the service department and said “why I am hearing about this”

And they fixed the issue.

But I suppose if the dealer sucks then you might be SOL. Trying a different dealer is probably the next route, I’m kind of surprised they don’t want the warranty work at the dealer. Maybe they did submit it and Chrysler denied it? Seems unlikely to me though.

This May be a stupid question, but I’ve never into shock issues before. Are they considered a wear item? I would assume they would be covered at least under the bumper to bumper? But because shock life is due to environment and usage, are they actually covered at all?

On a side note, this is a good time to upgrade rear shocks instead of using the oem ones. Assuming there are some aftermarket ones out yet?

Killerbee

Reaction score
File a official complaint with mopar. Ask the service department for the contact information. Mopar will open a investigation for you. The dealer will change their tune. I got $800.00 in mopar cash when I entered a complaint about my 2014 not getting fixed.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
File a official complaint with mopar. Ask the service department for the contact information. Mopar will open a investigation for you. The dealer will change their tune. I got $800.00 in mopar cash when I entered a complaint about my 2014 not getting fixed.
Is mopar the same as calling Chrysler? How do I contact them?

Killerbee

Reaction score
Tell your dealer you want the Chrysler/mopar contact information. Easy as that.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just have to ask, if they were leaking before you installed the air bags, why didn’t you get them fixed first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/