5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Lettering

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how to take the white lettering off the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires? Trying to save money and not have to flip them.

Hoping someone knows a permanent way to do this cause my searching has come up with absolutely nothing so far.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Anyone know how to take the white lettering off the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires? Trying to save money and not have to flip them.

Hoping someone knows a permanent way to do this cause my searching has come up with absolutely nothing so far.
Many hours of scraping with a razor blades....or you could do what I did; flat black spray paint. I hate the white lettering!! I should've made them switch it before I drove it off the lot. You could also take it into a tire shop and drop $100 to have them switch them, remount and balance.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many hours of scraping with a razor blades....or you could do what I did; flat black spray paint. I hate the white lettering!! I should've made them switch it before I drove it off the lot. You could also take it into a tire shop and drop $100 to have them switch them, remount and balance.

Got any pics of your tires? Would love to see how it looks.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
I have to re-apply the spray paint every couple weeks when the white starts to show through, or if I have to scrub dried mud or road salt off of them. Other than that it works pretty good and you can't tell that they have been painted. I'm having issues uploading the pictures(MAC is being difficult)

Attachments

• IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 146

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No one has found a permanent solution to the white lettering other than flipping?

Not too positive about the razor scraping of the letters - dont want to mess up the tire.

swarggs

Reaction score
The white lettering is actually a layer of white rubber all around the tire that is only exposed at the lettering. That's why when you rub a tire against a curb repeatedly the scuffs turn white. So taking a razor blade to it won't solve your problem. If anything, it'll make the white letters wider and uglier.
065f14399469612ca13008fe6571e2ef.jpg
590cbd6930bf8b2dd4c45882a389eeaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The white lettering is actually a layer of white rubber all around the tire that is only exposed just at the lettering. That's why when you rub a tire against a curb repeatedly the scuffs turn white. So taking a razor blade to it won't solve your problem. If anything, it'll make the white letters wider and uglier.

Good to know

Seems like my only option is to flip them

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
The white lettering is actually a layer of white rubber all around the tire that is only exposed at the lettering. That's why when you rub a tire against a curb repeatedly the scuffs turn white. So taking a razor blade to it won't solve your problem. If anything, it'll make the white letters wider and uglier.

That actually makes sense. So belay my initial statement about scrapping it off. Painting or having them swapped around.

Dirtfreak

Reaction score

You could try Black Pearl tire coating it's a semi permanent tire dressing . www.blackpearltirecoating.com Get the black tinted, Do not get any on your wheels that stuff will not come off even with lacquer thinner.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Looks like someone did what I wanted to do - wonder how long it lasts though
I just ordered my bottle, according to their website, it should last a couple months but I'm sure that depends on what you are driving in. (mud, snow, ice rocks..etc)

Users who are viewing this thread