5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Bighorn Off Road Group

Troop2865

Reaction score
My truck arrived last week and I picked it up at the dealer last Friday afternoon. I ordered it on August 30.

I decided on white and I ordered it with the mountain tan and black interior. The salesman asked if I was sure if I wanted that color, and told me they had never ordered one with that interior. I have to say I really like it.

While I was waiting for it to arrive, I ordered a set of Method Double Standard 18x9 -12 wheels, Readylift upper control arms, and Motofab 2.5 inch front lift. With the Off Road Group, it should net about 3.5 inches front lift over a non .ORG truck. I have some Nitto 35-12.50-18 tires waiting to be mounted. I am waiting for another set of Mopar tire pressure sensors to arrive before getting the tires mounted.

I have a roll up tonneau cover on the way, and I will get the bed sprayed soon. I will stop for a bit after I get these things done. I have to give my wallet a rest.

My first impressions are I love the truck overall. The ride is firm but smooth. I upgraded to Level 2 package and I am glad I did. I like the larger displays in the dash. I was surprised how good the stock speakers sound and I am very happy with the bass through high range. I am glad I got the 3:92 gears, especially with mounting 35’s. I think the exhaust note is perfect, but I am of the age where I don’t care for the drone of loud exhaust.

Things I wish the new truck had: doors that would lock and unlock by touching the door handle rather than having to use the fob each time; I wish I had the memory seats; although I like the Hemi, Ram falls a bit short to the Ecoboost and the GM 6.2 offerings.

I will post better pictures later. Here are a couple from when I brought it home and one making sure the new wheels would fit. They do but are tight.
7F94D094-19F7-4030-BE3F-5A1C83788382.jpeg 7F94D094-19F7-4030-BE3F-5A1C83788382.jpeg 4E1E0C7A-6311-4F90-AA3F-2155608CEA40.jpeg 424E2613-EC3E-471A-AC0C-19025254542F.jpeg

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
My truck arrived last week and I picked it up at the dealer last Friday afternoon. I ordered it on August 30.

I decided on white and I ordered it with the mountain tan and black interior. The salesman asked if I was sure if I wanted that color, and told me they had never ordered one with that interior. I have to say I really like it.

While I was waiting for it to arrive, I ordered a set of Method Double Standard 18x9 -12 wheels, Readylift upper control arms, and Motofab 2.5 inch front lift. With the Off Road Group, it should net about 3.5 inches front lift over a non .ORG truck. I have some Nitto 35-12.50-18 tires waiting to be mounted. I am waiting for another set of Mopar tire pressure sensors to arrive before getting the tires mounted.

I have a roll up tonneau cover on the way, and I will get the bed sprayed soon. I will stop for a bit after I get these things done. I have to give my wallet a rest.

My first impressions are I love the truck overall. The ride is firm but smooth. I upgraded to Level 2 package and I am glad I did. I like the larger displays in the dash. I was surprised how good the stock speakers sound and I am very happy with the bass through high range. I am glad I got the 3:92 gears, especially with mounting 35’s. I think the exhaust note is perfect, but I am of the age where I don’t care for the drone of loud exhaust.

Things I wish the new truck had: doors that would lock and unlock by touching the door handle rather than having to use the fob each time; I wish I had the memory seats; although I like the Hemi, Ram falls a bit short to the Ecoboost and the GM 6.2 offerings.

I will post better pictures later. Here are a couple from when I brought it home and one making sure the new wheels would fit. They do but are tight.
View attachment 8517 View attachment 8517 View attachment 8519 View attachment 8518
Let’s see the inside !!!

Troop2865

Reaction score
Here are a few phone pics. Not sure how they will look.

New upper control arms and 2.5 level go on the front tomorrow. Wheels and tires will be mounted next week when the new TPS arrive.

8E71E531-A20A-4C0B-AD85-44B3EA0C1AFA.jpeg CD7B34B9-4853-42BC-8E8E-60F65AFE2FA6.jpeg FB6F24A6-EECC-4EBE-B010-6E4FCB77AB44.jpeg

Predfan

Reaction score
How dp you like the stock headlights for night driving

Troop2865

Reaction score
I think they are fine. They seem bright and the high beams reach out quite far. I live in the country and there are deer everywhere. They seem wide enough to light up the sides. I also really like the way the lights come on to illuminate the sides as I turn.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I got my Motofab 2.5 inch lift and Readylift upper control arms on this past weekend. The first side took twice as long as the second due to the learning curve. I had the front end aligned and they said it was in the range it needed to be, but said it was adjusted all it could be.

The height from floor to top of the fender is now 39.25 for the front and 40.25 for the rear. That measurement is with the stock wheels and tires.

I am currently at the tire shop getting my wheels and tires mounted. The fronts barely clear in the back so I willl be modifying the fender liner as soon as I get home.

The right wheels and tires sure make the vehicle. I know everyone has their own preferences but I like the Methods Double Standard with the natural finish.

Here are a couple photos. I will post more later. C6164309-FDD6-41CB-865B-57BCF63F2B8A.jpeg C15782D1-F09E-4A85-8F87-52889FAE9E74.jpeg

Troop2865

Reaction score
I just arrived home from the tire shop. It needs a good wash, but here is a look with the new wheels and tires. 18x9 -12 Method Double Standard natural finish with 35-12.50-18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. The tires ride nice and seems fairly quiet. I think they actually ride a little smoother than stock. They are set a 40 psi. I will play with the pressures until they look like they are good. Here are a few more pictures.

CED9E254-BE94-415E-91B3-AAF5CFB446DC.jpeg CD3FB29D-7977-450D-B7CF-2A9B3F8CEC50.jpeg 5523C256-50A9-44AC-8F77-FACEF9B56B02.jpeg CED9E254-BE94-415E-91B3-AAF5CFB446DC.jpeg CD3FB29D-7977-450D-B7CF-2A9B3F8CEC50.jpeg 916F5542-DA28-48F0-863F-EBDE3BA45AC4.jpeg 5523C256-50A9-44AC-8F77-FACEF9B56B02.jpeg

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing. My white Laramie with Off Road package will be here soon and I'm also adding a level. So it's nice to see what mine should look like.

Troop2865

Reaction score
Have you decided what kit you are going to use, and what wheels and tires combo?

When I first ordered the white, I started having second thoughts. I ordered on Friday, and called the dealer Monday about changing colors. He said the truck had already been assigned a VIN, so white was going to be the color. I am very glad I did not/could not change it. It has been a long time since I owned a white vehicle. I used to think they were kind of boring. My last truck was black, and I decided I was not doing that again. Too hard to keep clean. Anyway, glad I got the white.

Hope your comes soon. The wait was hard, especially seeing everyone else's trucks on this site.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Have you decided what kit you are going to use, and what wheels and tires combo?

When I first ordered the white, I started having second thoughts. I ordered on Friday, and called the dealer Monday about changing colors. He said the truck had already been assigned a VIN, so white was going to be the color. I am very glad I did not/could not change it. It has been a long time since I owned a white vehicle. I used to think they were kind of boring. My last truck was black, and I decided I was not doing that again. Too hard to keep clean. Anyway, glad I got the white.

Hope your comes soon. The wait was hard, especially seeing everyone else's trucks on this site.

As you can see from my Avatar... it's always gonna be white for me! But with a truck you're walking a little bit of a fine line. If it's not done right it looks like a fleet vehicle. But having seen these 2019's in person and the particular white they are using, it's a awesome!

I'm doing the ReadyLift 2" kit with UCA's on top of the 1"+ 4x4 package suspension. I'm going to run 18" Rebel wheels with the stock Wrangler Duratracs that come with them (for now). I'll probably use the 18" Rebel wheels with studds for winter and then eventually get a nice set of 20" wheels with 35"s for non-winter use.

You're truck looks great man! Love it!

Troop2865

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. You are right. The white Ram 1500 looks too nice to look like a fleet vehicle.

I really like the way mine looks now, and the Method wheels are clear coat finish. Now I am trying to decide if I put the stockers back on for winter.

Users who are viewing this thread