5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistling Noise Inside Cab

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy Friday 5th genners.. lately my 2021 Laramie has had some sort of whistling in the passenger side rear corner of the cab. When I open my sunroof, drivers front and passenger front windows I get a whistling noise that fluctuates with how much wind is blowing into the cab. I haven't had time to sit in the back seat and try to scope it out while someone else drives yet. So, I am curious has anyone had anything similar? This only happens at 60+mph and varies day to day. I almost think the seals around the passenger side rear door are letting air out and whistling in the process. If this whistling is occurring and I open the passenger side rear window the whistling stops immediately.

1617978709913.png

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be caused by a door alignment needing a minor tweak?
I’m thinking that or replacing the seal or something. I’ll have to tape the door off soon and see if that fixes it.

glasswagon

Reaction score
I remember reading about how the rear passenger seat brackets have an unused hole that goes straight down out of the cab, it is covered with just a tape and sometimes it'll fall off and that causes the noise. Check under the passenger seat brackets/rails and see if that is the issue. Been meaning to check mine to make sure the tape is still on there and look for a better permanent solution like a rubber plug or something

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember reading about how the rear passenger seat brackets have an unused hole that goes straight down out of the cab, it is covered with just a tape and sometimes it'll fall off and that causes the noise. Check under the passenger seat brackets/rails and see if that is the issue. Been meaning to check mine to make sure the tape is still on there and look for a better permanent solution like a rubber plug or something
I will take a look. Mine seems to be located at the upper corner of the door more than anything but it’s worth a look.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started getting one from my driver side door rubber seal. Could be that in the rear?
Was yours a whistling noise with certain windows down? I am still thinking this is my issue.

aklalani

Reaction score
Was yours a whistling noise with certain windows down? I am still thinking this is my issue.
Mine was a whistling noise with the windows up. Top of the driver door between the door and the seal. I folded up a card as a shim, put in between and it went away. Having the dealer look at it as we speak.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was a whistling noise with the windows up. Top of the driver door between the door and the seal. I folded up a card as a shim, put in between and it went away. Having the dealer look at it as we speak.
Ah okay. That’s much more annoying than my issue. Mine I can control but whistling with windows up would get old fast.

Users who are viewing this thread