5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which surfaces did you XPEL?

chuck01835

Reaction score
Hello, all.
Deciding whether to add ppf and have some questions for the all knowing forum members.

Which surfaces did you protect and what was the result? Worth it?

How much hood,side, etc did you do?

Did a partial hood covering mean a noticeable line on the hood?

Back of Limited mirrors are chrome, so I'm assuming not necessary there.

Bonus points if you share how much it cost!

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback

Chuck

Carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Made the appointment to have the front bikini installed....front of hood, front of fenders, grille, front bumper and lights. Also going to do the A pillars, mirrors, door cups and the lower rockers.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the entire front done including the headlights, part of the hood and fenders, the a pillars, part of the roof, and the mirrors.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Reverse

Reaction score
Everything forward of the windshield (hood, fenders headlights etc.), except the chrome parts. If I did it again I'd probably do the front doors as well.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I only had the cheeks under the headlights, the headlights and a portion of my grille that I had painted done. I think I spent 250

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 20...Partial hood/fender, bumper, headlights, grill, mirror caps, a pillars and roof cap.

I based that’s off what I’ve done on my 4th gen ram. I skipped the A pillars, and roof cap and ended up regretting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chuck01835

Reaction score
I had the entire front done including the headlights, part of the hood and fenders, the a pillars, part of the roof, and the mirrors.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

chuck01835

Reaction score
On my 20...Partial hood/fender, bumper, headlights, grill, mirror caps, a pillars and roof cap.

I based that’s off what I’ve done on my 4th gen ram. I skipped the A pillars, and roof cap and ended up regretting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So you got rock damage on the a pillar and roof front without it?

Rmazzei

Reaction score
Hello, all.
Deciding whether to add ppf and have some questions for the all knowing forum members.

Which surfaces did you protect and what was the result? Worth it?

How much hood,side, etc did you do?

Did a partial hood covering mean a noticeable line on the hood?

Back of Limited mirrors are chrome, so I'm assuming not necessary there.

Bonus points if you share how much it cost!

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback

Chuck
SunTek clear film has ceramic built in. I use it on all my cars and having my Limited done when I take delivery next month. Get as much of the car/truck done as you can afford. lasts 10+ years with zero need to wax, polish etc. Just wash and forget it.. Scratches if they ever happen come out with hot water, snow slides right off. best modification you can do period. Plus if you every do remove it you have brand new paint on a 10 year old vehicle

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumper, headlights and the fascia panels. If you have a painted bumper its almost a necessity to avoid chips.

BowDown

Reaction score
Entire front, headlights, full hood and front fenders with flares, a-pillar, strip above the windshield, door handle pockets, door edges and strip on the tail gate above the hinge. LLumar Platinum 10year warranty $1700

20200801_200852.jpg

Did paint correction 1st then had PPF applied the. Ceramic coated it

20200906_131931.jpg

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would covering the roof with PPF make sense? I park outside, in the sun, and am concerned of paint oxidizing after several years. Would PPF prevent this? Is ceramic better?

BowDown

Reaction score
Would covering the roof with PPF make sense? I park outside, in the sun, and am concerned of paint oxidizing after several years. Would PPF prevent this? Is ceramic better?
Both would help/prevent but I'd probably save the money and ceramic the roof

2019REBEL

Reaction score
I did partial on hood(half way past the hood scoops on Rebel hood) which includes going over the fenders, chipmunks cheeks(below headlights), A pillars, Roof(12 inches), door sills. The PPF won't stick to the bumpers on a Rebel due to them being powder coated. Cost me $485 Canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread