5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's my Off Road Level 2?

Atcje

Reaction score
My 2 day old 2019 Ram Limited with Air Ride will no raise to the Off Road Level 2 mode, says it's not available. So I only have 4 heights available. Does anyone know if this was a change that we weren't told about until after the fact or if I'm doing something wrong, or if the system has malfunctioning.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have the off-road package? If so that is normal

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Watch out for normal ride height to entry, the manual says it drops 3 inches

Atcje

Reaction score
Yeah it has the off road package so that is the answer. Man I feel better now, had me concerned for a minute.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, a possibility I was going to investigate is to cozy up to the service manager and see if they can remove "increased ride height" from the trucks computer configuration to take it back to the non-ORP air suspension settings. If possible and if they will do it, it would give you the original 5 settings and lower your Normal an inch. Since I'm still not scheduled for build yet, maybe one of you with this config could try it.
In theory it should be possible since we don't think there is any hardware involved, it's just different computer settings for the air suspension.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, on the other trims the light is still there, you just get an error message when you try to select it. That is why there is a bit of confusion

RAMBS

Reaction score
My 17 gives me the same message when it is not sitting level or I have a trailer hooked up?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Different error message. On the older trucks if you over load the air suspension it will error out and won’t move up or down.

Users who are viewing this thread