5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to start first? First time Ram owner...first truck ever!

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
I found these forums and see what you guys have done to your trucks...and you guys have ruined me!

So, I bought my 2019 Ram Laramie in Maximum Steel and I love it. I never even considered doing anything to the truck once I bought it. Then I find these forums and after seeing what you guys have done...I have the urge to modify...a lot. Here is my list of things I want, where do you guys think I should start?

- Window tint
- Wheels and tires (probably going with 20x10 -18 offset, 305/55/R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
- 3.5" Readylift SST
- Change out stock Laramie hood w/ the Sport Performance hood
- AVS aero Skin bugflector Part # 322163
- Mopar "Ram Airflow" cold-air intake system (once available)
- Mopar Cat back exhaust (once available)
- Mopar All-weather floor mats
- Mud flaps (not sure which brand)
- Possible de-chrome of my truck by replacing with color matched bumpers and grill (some days I like the chrome...some days I don't)

Any thoughts?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found these forums and see what you guys have done to your trucks...and you guys have ruined me!

So, I bought my 2019 Ram Laramie in Maximum Steel and I love it. I never even considered doing anything to the truck once I bought it. Then I find these forums and after seeing what you guys have done...I have the urge to modify...a lot. Here is my list of things I want, where do you guys think I should start?

- Window tint
- Wheels and tires (probably going with 20x10 -18 offset, 305/55/R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
- 3.5" Readylift SST
- Possible de-chrome of my truck by replacing with color matched bumpers and grill (some days I like the chrome...some days I don't)

Any thoughts?
My opinion...go slow and do 'reversible' mods first...you can always do the big/pricey mods once you've decided it's your "forever" vehicle.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely tint first. The a.c. is not the greatest so the more heat you can keep out the better.

Not much aftermarket stuff now but after SEMA there will be more.

If you really want mud guards don't get Mopar since you won't be able to get much larger tires vs stock.

jkratze1

Reaction score
Window tint and wheels/ tires first. I love my Mopar all weather mats, a must with winter coming.

sgk

Reaction score
I think SpeedyV brought up good points slow and steady considering it's your first truck you want to make sure you keep it long term. You won't get any value from your mods or at least look at it that way cause its possible.
That being said, tint, floor mats, wheels/tires, exhaust, chrome delete, lift then hood would be my order.

ET32913

Reaction score
This is NOT my first Ram or truck but I’ll share what little (mods and money wise) I’ve done so far.

$55 - Rough Country 2” leveling kit
$150 - 15% Pinnacle Ceramic tint on front windows.

I would agree with doing small, economical mods...trial and error

Kevin C

Reaction score

- Window tint
- 3.5" Readylift SST

Any thoughts?

First of all, congrats on the new truck. And coming to the forums is like a drug or a disease. Just can't shake it once you start! haha

Not sure where you live, but like someone else said, the weather is about to change so I would get the Mopar all-weather mats right away (plus, those take just a few minutes to order and even less time to install - so you can knock those out easy).

Might as well get the tint done right away as well.

To make those size tires fit, you will need to have your lift installed, so that is going to be a package deal. Unless you already know what wheels you want, take your time with that decision. There are so many options, it was the hardest part of the process for me.

Mostly, have fun with it! It is kind of a never ending process for many of us.

OR, you can stay off the forums and save a whole bunch of money...NAH - what fun is that?!?

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, no fun saving money.

I live on the South Carolina/Georgia border (Go Dawgs!). Hot and humid here now and mild winters with snow only when he'll freezes over (which isn't often).

Thinking of going with a 20% tint. Legal here is 27%. I have 15% on my 2015 Camaro and have never had an issue with the Police.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift? My local custom shop owner is offering a package deal with that lift, XD-Wheels-XD127-Bully-Matte-Gray-with-Black-Ring-Off-Road-Rims (20/9 with 0 offset), and Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/60/20 tires. Seems like a nice setup for a very good price. Package comes with free tire rotations and alignment.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, no fun saving money.

I live on the South Carolina/Georgia border (Go Dawgs!). Hot and humid here now and mild winters with snow only when he'll freezes over (which isn't often).

Thinking of going with a 20% tint. Legal here is 27%. I have 15% on my 2015 Camaro and have never had an issue with the Police.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift? My local custom shop owner is offering a package deal with that lift, XD-Wheels-XD127-Bully-Matte-Gray-with-Black-Ring-Off-Road-Rims (20/9 with 0 offset), and Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/60/20 tires. Seems like a nice setup for a very good price. Package comes with free tire rotations and alignment.

I was just about to install the Rough Country 3.5" lift when someone posted the video below. Not sure if it is completely accurate - it's possible the RC would have been just fine - but I decided to go with the ReadyLift 3.5 instead.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. There is nothing wrong with having doubts when it comes to changing major components of your suspension. Some have had great success with one brand, others not so much. For me as much as I feel that truck manufacturers should have their 4x4 come looking like they are ready to battle, I know that is not feasible. Hence why supposedly we have such a strong aftermarket.

Can’t wait to see what your truck will look like with the new lift addded to the equation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread