5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are you guys getting your 3M or similar kits for your trucks.

Rupp

Reaction score
I'm a new Ram owner and have 500 miles on my 2020 Limited and already the piece below the headlight has two rock chips in it.

Skater

Reaction score
In for the info and the forum's advice because the other day some dumb*#(*# slammed his door into my rear fender flair and chipped the paint. Lemme know what your best advice is to repair something similar to Rupp's rock chips.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had good success with 3m paint protection film on amazon, there are some nice custom cut kits but they can get pretty pricey.

I’ve done the bottom 8” of my doors and box along with a few other small areas. It took some time but it looks good and no yellowing yet in 7 months.

Paint chips suck! Your dealer will have a stone chip repair pen for sale for like $20 colour matched to your truck, with a steady hand you can fill the chip and make it a lot less noticeable. If you want it near perfect, wet sanding and buffing will be required.

Users who are viewing this thread