5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the Rams with the rear lowered?!

TheSwollenOne

Reaction score
So, I might be an outcast here, as I haven't seen many (if any) lowered Rams, but what's the best way to go about doing this? Sure, the lifted scene is pretty dope, but ill be the one to be different.

anyone have experience with this? Pros and Cons? best brands and ones to avoid? help the new guy out!

I will like to put at least 22s on it. tires are up in the air at the moment.

your thoughts? (be gentle)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is lowered about 2", maybe has 1/2" of rake, used Pro Suspension springs part# 272920. Front is stock. Installed a Hellwig rear sway bar at the same time, the handling is pretty impressive now considering the mass of the thing. Cons: If you go real low (more than 4 inches) you'll need an adjustable track bar, adjustable trailing arms and shorter sway bar links. Technically ground clearance isn't affected that much as its a solid rear axle and the pumpkin is the limiting factor, but departure angles will be shorter

ironman8282

Reaction score
So, I might be an outcast here, as I haven't seen many (if any) lowered Rams, but what's the best way to go about doing this? Sure, the lifted scene is pretty dope, but ill be the one to be different.

anyone have experience with this? Pros and Cons? best brands and ones to avoid? help the new guy out!

I will like to put at least 22s on it. tires are up in the air at the moment.

your thoughts? (be gentle)

here’s mine with maxtrax kit 3” front 4” rear with 1 coil cut off so gave me 4 7/8 drop , adjustable track bar. Couple issues lowering the rear. Transitions and pot holes large curbs rr tracks at decent speed it slams the bump stops. If you have. Aftermarket exhaust it’s going to hit the track bar bracket, this can be fixed but it isn’t for the faint of heart involves cutting the bracket down and welding etc. overall truck looksgreat with the stance in my opinion but the trade offs may not be for everyone
A83BB579-CA77-4D08-9BA3-9C985117D39B.jpeg

Scarriere

Reaction score
Great info here.
I'd like to lower mine, possibly, when there's a genuine kit with everything needed.
But the City that I live in is notorious for it's potholes, which is why I say possibly.
A 2/4 drop would be nice!

ironman8282

Reaction score
Great info here.
I'd like to lower mine, possibly, when there's a genuine kit with everything needed.
But the City that I live in is notorious for it's potholes, which is why I say possibly.
A 2/4 drop would be nice!
The ihc kit from what I have heard is a lot better as far as spring rates and not as much bottoming out but they are proud of it. I don’t know about exhaust issues with their kit, the guy I know who installed has stock exhaust. I’m waiting for eibach or some other aftermarket companies to start selling parts individually and hopefully upgrade shocks and springs. I don’t know if it’s true but I’ve heard rumors of a few guys who used some springs from the 2018 kits from eibach

RichInMN

Reaction score
Here's the thread you want for lowering the rear, 16 pages full of info and pics, plus part numbers for lowering springs etc. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread