5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when is the best time to custom order a new truck?

slik22

Reaction score
What's the best time of year or month to get the best deal on a custom order?

Grouper

Reaction score
What's the best time of year or month to get the best deal on a custom order?

There is a great episode of This American Life from 2013 that follows a salesman at a Jeep dealership on Long Island. Granted, this took place six years ago but it's an enlightening look into the incentive process that Chrysler has (or had at the time) with their dealers.

It's been a while since I listened to it in its entirety but it definitely makes it clear that the dealerships received a bonus from the manufacturer for moving X number of vehicles each month, resulting in a mad push to make sales nearing the months end.

Again, this episode is from 2013, which I think is about a year before Fiat came into the picture, so things could very well have changed. And if memory serves, the intent was to move current inventory (vs. taking orders).

But it's still worth a listen.

This American Life - 129 Cars Episode

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anytime is good, usually best incentives happen in Feb/March-Truck month and some say they got good ones in June too. I picked mine up in Dec and got good ones too-end of year so they want to sell as much as possible

Jim L

Reaction score
When ever you are ready that is a good time. I ordered a 2020 ram in Sep cause I could not find a 19 in color I wanted or options. I was actually surprised how many incentives I qualified for. Truck took only a month to the day to arrive

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 Ram in late April 2018 and did the same in April 2016 for a '16 F150. Both deals were extremely good, considering it was end of the model year on the F150 and the 2019 Rams were just hitting the streets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online