5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel well dents

Cassidy

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2019 Ram I’ve had for about three months, I had to haul some stuff before I was able to take it for the Linex bed liner, and I got a couple of dents in the wheel wells, I’m not worried about the paint chipping on the inside due to them sanding it down for the liner but I noticed it cracked and flaked some paint off in the wheel house, these aren’t big dents either and I’m surprised that it cracked the paint. The metal under the paint doesn’t look like normal sheet metal, almost like it has a galvanized coating of some sort. I live in the in Ohio and the salty roads haven’t caused it rust any, anybody know if these are coated in something for corrosion? And anybody know why they didn’t put full liners in the rear like the 2018’s?

79 300

Reaction score
Full liners are a $195 factory option on the 2019's. You can get them installed later if yours doesn't have them. There are several threads on here on this topic.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
All of the sheet metal in modern cars gets fully submerged in some sort of corrosion inhibitor, it's usually beige colored but depends on the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread