5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on lifting my truck with the ReadyLift 3.5 or Mopar 2" / ORP and I want to upgrade to 35's as I love the look. Problem is tire sized and weights as I have 3.21 gears I'd like to keep the weight of the tire down so I don't experience too much power loss. I really want the Duratrac because they are a great all around tire, have had them before unfortunately the size I want doesn't come in a 11.5 wide tire so my choice is to get wheel spacers. The other choice is Ridge Grappler, which they have a 285/65r/20 which is equivalent to 34.8x11.5, same weight and size as the Duratrac 35x12.5 E rated (34.8 actual) . I would rather go Duratrac as they are great in the winter, I've heard less then stellar reviews on he Ridge Grappler in snow. Besides odd ball sizes like 285/65r are usually more expensive.

So I have found some 1.5" hub centric spacers locally for about $200 Canadian. They are billet aluminum.

So if I go with the Duratrac 35x12.5x20 and add this spacer to my factory rims, how far out will this push my wheel? I don't want them to stick out to far as I don't have fender flares and I don't want stones and stuff hitting my truck. I don't even know how you would figure out how far the tires would stick out with a certain offset.

So if the stock rims are 19mm offset, with a 1.5" spacer (38mm) does that effectively make my wheel now a -19mm offset?

Lastly, if I can void the spacer all together I would but some say a 35x12.5 can rub on the UCA.... Can anyone confirm I have seen some have no issues and some do?

ad_1594233529129.jpg

STR

Reaction score
Why don’t you get the set-up that you want, install, and then decide if you need spacers... and the size as applicable? Nonetheless, if you go with an offset wheel, and then add spacers, your offset will be reduced but the spacers’ width. Also, FYI... the rear wheel track in about a 1/2” narrower, so that will have to factor in “if” you want the set-up to be perfectly uniformed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure I can get 2" for the rear and 1.5" for the front, I might just do that. Thanks for the heads up.

As for getting the setup I want, I can't install and decide because they are getting installed on my factory rims and I don't want to leave the shop with tires rubbing so I want to figure it out before I go there. This way if I need spacers I will have them installed when I get the tires done.

I could also go with 285/60r/20 Duratrac (33.5x11.5) to be on the save side. Just think 35's look nice.

Reaction score
Another size option for Duratrac would be 275/65/20 (34.1x11) and the lightest tire of them all at 57lbs (others range between 59 to 68 for Duratrac)

Nittos come in at 71.4 to 73.5 for the 35x11.5

MarkB67

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on lifting my truck with the ReadyLift 3.5 or Mopar 2" / ORP and I want to upgrade to 35's as I love the look. Problem is tire sized and weights as I have 3.21 gears I'd like to keep the weight of the tire down so I don't experience too much power loss. I really want the Duratrac because they are a great all around tire, have had them before unfortunately the size I want doesn't come in a 11.5 wide tire so my choice is to get wheel spacers. The other choice is Ridge Grappler, which they have a 285/65r/20 which is equivalent to 34.8x11.5, same weight and size as the Duratrac 35x12.5 E rated (34.8 actual) . I would rather go Duratrac as they are great in the winter, I've heard less then stellar reviews on he Ridge Grappler in snow. Besides odd ball sizes like 285/65r are usually more expensive.

So I have found some 1.5" hub centric spacers locally for about $200 Canadian. They are billet aluminum.

So if I go with the Duratrac 35x12.5x20 and add this spacer to my factory rims, how far out will this push my wheel? I don't want them to stick out to far as I don't have fender flares and I don't want stones and stuff hitting my truck. I don't even know how you would figure out how far the tires would stick out with a certain offset.

So if the stock rims are 19mm offset, with a 1.5" spacer (38mm) does that effectively make my wheel now a -19mm offset?

Lastly, if I can void the spacer all together I would but some say a 35x12.5 can rub on the UCA.... Can anyone confirm I have seen some have no issues and some do?

View attachment 61237

Users who are viewing this thread