5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers...

Mrjayd

Reaction score
What would be the best spacers to use on the Limited? And how wide of spacer can you go?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely not stuff from China, I've read horror storys of some spacers cracking and falling off. I went with Bora wheel spacers on my Jeep and they lasted 5 years with no issues, I'm thinking of doing Bora again.

The trick with the spacers is, that if you go too wide, then the spacer comes with its own set of bolts. You bolt the spacers to the truck using the truck studs, and then bolt the wheel to the spacer using the spacer studs. The truck studs end up poking through the spacer, since the length of the stud is longer than the width of the spacer, and that left over stud can push up against the rim preventing it from mounting tight up against the wheel. The 2 options there are, buy a rim that has indents so the truck studs can fit into the back of the rim, or, cut off the excess truck stud. I did the second option on my jeep, or rather, got a mechanic to do it for me.

If the spacers are not that wide, then there is no issue, the spacers don't come with their own stud and it's just a sliver that sits between the rim and the truck and the studs poke through the spacer.

I'm not sure what that cut off point is, maybe 3/4 inch before the spacers come with their own studs? You'd have to make sure there are no surprises there.

Also, there are hub centric and lug centric spacers, definitely go for the hub centric. That way the wheel is riding on the spacer and not the lugs.

aametzger

Reaction score
What would be the best spacers to use on the Limited? And how wide of spacer can you go?
I'm not sure which stock wheels you have on your limited, but I am running the bora 1.5 frt, 2.0 rear. There are a bunch of posts about this on the forum so that you can see what it looks like to run the different sizes people have tried. If you check my posts from my profile you can see the pics I took after installing them. My stock 22 wheels have the pockets that let the studs clear on the 1.5. I would think that with my rims I could go as low as 1.25 or maybe even the 1.0 (have not tried this, but I think others have).

Users who are viewing this thread