5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel size

Nevadabirddog

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced there stock 20” wheels with 18” and 275/70/18 tires. I’ve heard they won’t rub and are only approximately 1” taller. Was curious about the looks and ride difference with much more sidewall.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Has anyone replaced there stock 20” wheels with 18” and 275/70/18 tires. I’ve heard they won’t rub and are only approximately 1” taller. Was curious about the looks and ride difference with much more sidewall.
My truck has the stock 275/65R18s on it. I doubt that a 70 series is going to be so much bigger that it will rub; the 65 series can use snow chains. The ride is great. Smoother than my wife's Camry. How much is sidewall and how much is just the larger diameter rolling over potholes is unknown.

Nevadabirddog

Reaction score
My truck has the stock 275/65R18s on it. I doubt that a 70 series is going to be so much bigger that it will rub; the 65 series can use snow chains. The ride is great. Smoother than my wife's Camry. How much is sidewall and how much is just the larger diameter rolling over potholes is unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread