5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Selection - Help Needed

Which wheels should I go with?

• Total voters

justclements

Reaction score
So - I am stumped with which wheel to go with. Just picked up my new Ram and having the 2" Mopar lift installed today. I will also be picking up a set of 35's (KO2s) once I can figure out the wheel I want to go with. Attached are photos of my Ram, photos of the wheel selection, and photos of other rigs with the wheels on them. Would love to hear your thoughts!

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-dugger-6-lug-gunblack-20x9-std-700.jpg Fuel Grey.png COVERT-D696-6LUG-17x9-ET-12-BRONZE-W-BLK-RING-A1_1000_4808.png IMG_1032.jpeg IMG_1033.jpeg

C Covert - Jeep Gladiator - Matte Black_3_6708.jpg C Covert - Jeep Gladiator - Matte Black_1_9105.jpg Black Rhino Dugger - 2019 Ford Raptor F150 - 20 inch wheels MT AT rims - 02.jpg Ford F150 - Black Rhino Dugger - removable guard ring wheels rims - 52.jpg

Attachments

• C Covert - Jeep Gladiator - Matte Black_3_6708.jpg
    C Covert - Jeep Gladiator - Matte Black_3_6708.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Cryan11

Reaction score
So - I am stumped with which wheel to go with. Just picked up my new Ram and having the 2" Mopar lift installed today. I will also be picking up a set of 35's (KO2s) once I can figure out the wheel I want to go with. Attached are photos of my Ram, photos of the wheel selection, and photos of other rigs with the wheels on them. Would love to hear your thoughts!

View attachment 70460 View attachment 70461 View attachment 70462 View attachment 70463

View attachment 70456 View attachment 70457 View attachment 70458 View attachment 70459
Oh boy that's a hard one... Are you wanting black on either or are you wanting the bronze fuel wheel? I noticed the gladiator had black fuels not the bronze ones. They both look great but in all honesty I think the fuels have a little more of a bead lock look and they come across as more of a hardcore off-road wheel IMO. It just depends on the look you want to achieve. What size wheel are you looking at? I think the fuel in a 18" or so would look good, and the black rhino for the bigger sizes (20-22") That's just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

justclements

Reaction score
Oh boy that's a hard one... Are you wanting black on either or are you wanting the bronze fuel wheel? I noticed the gladiator had black fuels not the bronze ones. They both look great but in all honesty I think the fuels have a little more of a bead lock look and they come across as more of a hardcore off-road wheel IMO. It just depends on the look you want to achieve. What size wheel are you looking at? I think the fuel in a 18" or so would look good, and the black rhino for the bigger sizes (20-22") That's just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I could go black or bronze. There was no photos of the Fuel Bronze on a truck. I do want the more hardcore off-road wheel look that's for sure. I was thinking 18" for both so I can get more sidewall from the tires. Here are the fuels in a grey that I am now considering too hah.

1601565422748.png

puba08

Reaction score
Vote for the BR wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

justclements

Reaction score
After seeing the below picture I am going to get the Fuel Covert D716 Grey/Black. All black is pictured below, but I love the look and don't see a ton of people running them.

1601654048125.png

Dave08

Reaction score
Hi, Fuel is nice. You just have to consider it is hard to clean if you are a clean freak. What size of tires are you getting with it. I am a lurker, saving to upgrade wheels and tires. I'm also trying to do my research.

justclements

Reaction score
Hi, Fuel is nice. You just have to consider it is hard to clean if you are a clean freak. What size of tires are you getting with it. I am a lurker, saving to upgrade wheels and tires. I'm also trying to do my research.

35x12.5R18

BlksnshN

Reaction score
Different wheel but I love the bronze Fuel Rebels on my 2019.

Ram Rebel.jpg

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I have a two inch coilover lift in the front and running 35/11.5/18 Fuel Vector wheels 0 offset. I rubbed and had to do a fair amount of trimming. If you haven't done so, you may want to double check your specs on the wheels and see if the 12.5 tire will even fit. I'm afraid you are going to have plenty of rubbing issues to deal with. Nice wheel/tire combo you're going with.

justclements

Reaction score
I have a two inch coilover lift in the front and running 35/11.5/18 Fuel Vector wheels 0 offset. I rubbed and had to do a fair amount of trimming. If you haven't done so, you may want to double check your specs on the wheels and see if the 12.5 tire will even fit. I'm afraid you are going to have plenty of rubbing issues to deal with. Nice wheel/tire combo you're going with.

The wheels will have a -12 offset, so do you think that will compensate some?

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
The wheels will have a -12 offset, so do you think that will compensate some?
That's going to push it out further, which may increase your chances of having issues. I know most guys on here that went with the 3.5" lift had to do some minor trimming with 35/12.5 tires. I'm not an expert when it comes to these tight fits so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in. I ordered my suspension and wheels/tires through a local off-road shop and their expertise really helped me stay out of trouble.

justclements

Reaction score
That's going to push it out further, which may increase your chances of having issues. I know most guys on here that went with the 3.5" lift had to do some minor trimming with 35/12.5 tires. I'm not an expert when it comes to these tight fits so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in. I ordered my suspension and wheels/tires through a local off-road shop and their expertise really helped me stay out of trouble.

I guess we will see. I know another guy that ran a 2.5" level kit and was able to fit the same wheel and tire size without any trimming, so I am hinging on that. Appreciate you raising the point though and I will have to let you know how it goes. Definitely not wanting to do any major trimming.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I guess we will see. I know another guy that ran a 2.5" level kit and was able to fit the same wheel and tire size without any trimming, so I am hinging on that. Appreciate you raising the point though and I will have to let you know how it goes. Definitely not wanting to do any major trimming.
For sure man and good luck! Definitely let us know how it goes and post pics!

justclements

Reaction score
All done. Very tiny rub. Hit it with a heat gun and molded it back and solved it.

Attachments

• 7C511D31-FB2F-46A2-B1A0-95AB17C01690.jpeg
    7C511D31-FB2F-46A2-B1A0-95AB17C01690.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 123

Newguy

Reaction score
Yes, ORP would be the off road package with the 1 inch longer springs. Some people use the ORP springs with the Mopar lift in the front to make it higher in the front if their truck doesn't have the ORP package.

Users who are viewing this thread