5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Load Capacity?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
The load capacity of the OE wheels should be marked on the back of the wheels. Has anyone recorded or taken a picture of the load capacity marked on their OE wheels?

If so, could post the wheel size and which package it came with and the load rating, or post a picture?

Thanks,

David

DavidNJ

Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is towing. The limiting factor, depending on how you look at it, it either the rear GAWR or the GVWR. In both cases, net of GVW and GAW they limit the tongue weight.

While tires are easy upgraded to LT with for practical purposes endless capacity, 6x5.5" 18" and 20" wheels typically have wheels between 2100# and 2500# load capacity. This has been a question by some on the F-150 forum where their Heavy Duty Payload has a rear GAWR of 4800# (compared to 4100# on the Ram) but came with wheels with a 2275@ rating.

My question is to understand if the Ram comes with wheels with a 2100# rating (which would be close to the GAWR) or wheels with significant reserve capacity.

While there are 17" wheels with a 3650# rating, the most I've found in 18" and 20" sizes with Ram 1500 bolt patterns and offsets are from Method Race Wheels, like the model pictured below. That wheel has a 2650# rating, although some other wheels from Method may have a 2500 rating.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Since I am towing, I'd like to end up with a wheel/tire combo that has close to (or over) 2500# per wheel. Can someone verify what the OE wheels are rated at?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread, anyone know what the OE wheels are rated for?

Users who are viewing this thread