5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel flare clip removal

Troublesome

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions how to remove the wheel flare clips that are on the 2020 Laramie ? D02F4FB6-D515-41D8-8637-FD9C0A7EE281.jpeg

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had my wheel flares off, the clips pull off the fender fairly easy and stay on the flare except for the front 2. I start pulling off from back(towards door) once you get to the last 2 towards the front just push up on the flare. The front 2 will slide out from the flare and stay in the fender. Just rotate the 2 clips 90 degrees and pull them out and slide them back onto the fender flare.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Troublesome

Reaction score
Just had my wheel flares off, the clips pull off the fender fairly easy and stay on the flare except for the front 2. I start pulling off from back(towards door) once you get to the last 2 towards the front just push up on the flare. The front 2 will slide out from the flare and stay in the fender. Just rotate the 2 clips 90 degrees and pull them out and slide them back onto the fender flare.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
So you didn’t remove the tires and remove the wheelhouse shrouds to depress the clips from behind?

mophead

Reaction score
Here is a pic of one removed so you can see how it works.

From what I'm seeing it looks like the Laramie has holes in the fender??? Am I correct??? So no removing the flares to smooth up the lines and make waxing easier....hassen frassen @#$%^&.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct, if you have a Laramie that comes with factory fender flares the sheet metal for the panels have holes that these plastic tabs clip into.

Users who are viewing this thread