5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Fitment

RamSATX

Reaction score
Evening All,

I have a wheel/tire fitment question... here we go.

I'm currently running a 3/1 Readylift (glorified spacer kit) with 35" Ridge Grapplers paired with Fuel Rebel 20" -18 offset. I'm looking to remove the 3/1 kit and move to a more capable set up with either a 2.5 inch coilover lift such as Bilstien, Fox or RC Resi coilover.. My question is, will I run into any fitment issues running my current wheel and tire set up by moving to a 2.5 coilover lift? I'm also running an after bumper from Addictive Desert Designs.

Any help is appreciated...

Louhound88

Reaction score
Evening All,

I have a wheel/tire fitment question... here we go.

I'm currently running a 3/1 Readylift (glorified spacer kit) with 35" Ridge Grapplers paired with Fuel Rebel 20" -18 offset. I'm looking to remove the 3/1 kit and move to a more capable set up with either a 2.5 inch coilover lift such as Bilstien, Fox or RC Resi coilover.. My question is, will I run into any fitment issues running my current wheel and tire set up by moving to a 2.5 coilover lift? I'm also running an after bumper from Addictive Desert Designs.

Any help is appreciated...
I don't think you'll have a problem. I have 2.5" leveling spacer in front and fit 295/65r20 on stock 20" night edition wheels with no issues. No rub. Tires measure slightly taller than a 35x tire does, but only 12" wide or so. With stock offset I only had to worry about my tires touching the upper control arm, and it clears fine.

Do you still have the little mud flap on the front wheel wells? If so, that may be close to touching your tire when turning full lock. But only because the outside of your tire sticks out farther due to your positive offset.

I think you're good.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only issue I see is possibly rubbing at full lock on the back of the front wheel wells. Just measure the space you have now, and if you have more than 0.25-0.5" of clearance (yes, I know it's not 1:1 but close enough) then you should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread