5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats the latest uconnect software build?

Ram77

Reaction score
My build is 20.04.19 and i feel like its lacking security updates. it could be the main reason why my android auto is not connecting or intermittently connects? IDK trying everything at this point

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build is 20.04.19 and i feel like its lacking security updates. it could be the main reason why my android auto is not connecting or intermittently connects? IDK trying everything at this point
That's the version I have and my AA running on Android 11 is working fine.

LV426

Reaction score
Android runs across many different builds of hardware (phones, tablets, tv's, etc...) That's many different combinations of hardware & software mixing together. If one device starts to miss updates, it can render some things incompatible or they can perform poorly, it may work some for some combinations and not for others basically. Anyone who is into the latest tech & gadgets will have experienced some sort of compatibility issue if they didn't push an update (updates can break things too).

Anyway, I love for one of the super smart Uconnect/Ram tech guys to chime in on this subject and explain why the Uconnect 12 with all of it's features and how much the truck depends on the radio to function properly, does not need regular updates, security patches, etc...?

Here is an article from 2018 of what happens when you push a poorly implemented update...

Last edited:

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyway, I love for one of the super smart Uconnect/Ram tech guys to chime in on this subject and explain why the Uconnect 12 with all of it's features and how much the truck depends on the radio to function properly, does not need regular updates, security patches, etc...?
Because apparently most of the customers are wow'ed by the big screen and are happy with their radio and not complaining.

LV426

Reaction score
Well, I do get that some people are "simple" and they see that great big display and are easily impressed, maybe keep it on a mellow AM station all the time and just don't get into all the bells and whistles... But for those of us that like that sort of thing (technology) maybe went out of their way to get the truck with the 12", paid the extra $$$, actually like and want the features offered and expect them to work...only to get technical issues & ****ty support from the OEM...That sucks & may cause some to complain.

Below is a good discussion, shows you how much of a mess things can get to...

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I do get that some people are "simple" and they see that great big display and are easily impressed, maybe keep it on a mellow AM station all the time and just don't get into all the bells and whistles... But for those of us that like that sort of thing (technology) maybe went out of their way to get the truck with the 12", paid the extra $$$, actually like and want the features offered and expect them to work...only to get technical issues & ****ty support from the OEM...That sucks & may cause some to complain.

Below is a good discussion, shows you how much of a mess things can get to...
I am not supporting the company's position, I'd like everything to be perfect. That being said my 12" radio works just about perfectly and has for over a year on the same s/w build. Being in the s/w business I am not a fan of frequent updates because "Frequent" almost always means not enough testing and *every* time you update s/w onto multiple versions of H/W platforms, problems will arise and even with loads of testing problems will still occur so I'm always in favor of just major s/w releases based on quality rather than schedule.

All that being said it is about time for a functional and bug update for my 2020 Uconnect system. It was supposed to happen back in the spring.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Everyone’s app version, not software version(as that doesn’t matter actually) will be different depending on their hardware version. Something to try if not already is deleting your phone from the truck and your truck from your phone. Then reconnect them. If that doesn’t work, try another usb-c cable.

Users who are viewing this thread