5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to expect... current generation HD testing...

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aefm8AbwD7k
There's only one reason the Ram Trucks engineering team heads out to the Mojave Desert. Extreme hot weather testing. This trip was no disappointment. The Ram Trucks team pushed our trucks to the absolute limit not only demanding they perform in some of the most extreme temperatures on the planet, but also demanding they do it pulling maxed out loads up punishing grades. Not satisfied to just check the box the team even brought in a formidable opponent for a little not-so-friendly competition at the Davis Dam grade, one of the country's most punishing places to tow. We don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say our friends at Ford Trucks were a little late to the party at Davis Dam, over 2 minutes late to be exact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00OS1k1y7uI
How do we know our trucks are ready to take on whatever mother nature has to throw at them? It's simple, we've already put them through far worse than anything nature has to offer. Welcome to Houghton, MI. Directions here state drive to the end of the earth then travel 3 more miles. Houghton is home to subzero temperatures and is regularly blanketed in snow averaging 260 inches per year. What better winter playground to test our Ram Trucks, and our engineers. Learn how technology and good-old-fashioned Ram Trucks toughness allow our trucks to perform even in the most extreme conditions.

bravo1

Reaction score
Hi RedRider what do I expect well let's start with a totally redesigned Stage V Cummins B6.7L with a 30 percent increase in torque,which would bring that level to around well over 1000 ft/pds.Also included will be the SingleModuleTM. exhaust treatment design as wellThis design reduction in after treatment exhaust system is around 50 percent savings in length and 30 percent in weight. With this savings in space between the redesign frame rails assembly will allow for a much bigger fuel tank allowing for a greater range while under towing.My guess is around a 45 gallon tank,plus a bigger DEF tank as well.I do expect the same interior design as the 2019 Ram 1500.But I am not ruling out the flat floor in the rear bench seat area.But do expect the rear recline seating for crew and mega.I also expect the 2020 Ram 4500 to out tow the current generation Ford F-450 as well.I expect also Cummin's to be class leading in fuel mileage as well.I think the current selection of axle ratio's may still be there.But since this will be a total redesign Cummins there maybe some changes in axle ratio's due to the revised cam shaft and cylinder head design.I have yet to see the design specs of the AgriB6.7l.This summer I do plan to attend a Cummin's show.

Users who are viewing this thread