5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with used parts after mods

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys do with the take off parts after mods. For example I put a lift/level, tires, and new cat back exhaust on. The tires were easy to sell on Facebook marketplace but the other stuff like stock Rebel exhaust and ucas I’m not sure what to do with since they are vehicle specific. I also have the 2” spacers from the readylift level which are brand new but again vehicle specific. Do people actually look on Facebook marketplace for this stuff or should I just plan on trashing it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you replace the midpipe that has the cat on it with your exhaust? I need an OEM one of those. Some kits look like you replace it, some kids don't.

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
Did you replace the midpipe that has the cat on it with your exhaust? I need an OEM one of those. Some kits look like you replace it, some kids don't.
I put a borla s type on. Here’s what I’ve got from the stock system

Attachments

• 6E47A83F-C156-49D8-AB43-1103BA803B5A.jpeg
    6E47A83F-C156-49D8-AB43-1103BA803B5A.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 39

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
I'm sure someone would be interested in those black tips. Doubt anyone will want to rest of it but you never know.
I’m willing to separate just not sure how to get rid of rest of it if I do that. Recycle center maybe lol?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m willing to separate just not sure how to get rid of rest of it if I do that. Recycle center maybe lol?
Haha, probably your best option if you can't sell it. It's possible someone might want to go back to stock. I'd definitely list it with all those parts. In a few places, like FB, craigslist, and the buy/sell/trade board here.

U

User_21361

I sold or trashed most things. I have kept a few things for when I eventually sell my truck. I'll put the stock items back on and sell the upgrades.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I sold or trashed most things. I have kept a few things for when I eventually sell my truck. I'll put the stock items back on and sell the upgrades.
That's what I do too. At least that's my intention. Doesn't always work that way though LOL. I still have stock parts from my 4th gens that I either decided against swapping back or didn't have the time to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread