5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size is the spare for those who have 22" wheels?

Hamwx

Reaction score
So I have ordered a Limited with 22" wheels and I'm curious about the spare. I figure it has to have the same circumference as the 22" wheel and tire, but do they stick a 22" wheel and tire in there or is it a smaller wheel and larger tire to accomplish the same overall radius?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont believe you get a full size spare unless you get the off road package which then you get a full size spare. So I would imagine your spare is going to be smaller size.

Hamwx

Reaction score
Many thanks!I couldn't imagine they would stuff a 22" wheel up in there but wasn't sure about the overall size since driving on one smaller wheel and three regulars might be a rough gig.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI my Ram off road package truck came with a full size spare and its a Faulken tire and I have the 20in rims

ryelinek

Reaction score
So I have ordered a Limited with 22" wheels and I'm curious about the spare. I figure it has to have the same circumference as the 22" wheel and tire, but do they stick a 22" wheel and tire in there or is it a smaller wheel and larger tire to accomplish the same overall radius?

I have a Limited with the 22” wheels. No spare.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Your truck came with no spare at all underneath the bed?

Hmmmmmmmm maybe it did then. Honestly I haven’t looked but assumed there wasn’t one hah. It’s at the detail shop still so I’ll look on Thursday when I get it back.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm maybe it did then. Honestly I haven’t looked but assumed there wasn’t one hah. It’s at the detail shop still so I’ll look on Thursday when I get it back.
I am sure you have one. Mine is under the bed and its a full size tire and its also the same brand Faulken that came with my off road package

zignice

Reaction score
I have the 22” wheels and the spare is 245/70/R18. Goodyear tire on a steel rim.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe only the off road package gets you a full size spare

YardSale

Reaction score
Damn.......guess you'd better be close to a tire repair shop if you have use that smaller spare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online