5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size drop on the tow hitch?

GTLimited

Reaction score
I'm waiting on my 2021 Big Horn without the Off Road Group.

What's a good middle ground drop for the Weigh Safe adjustable drop hitch?

The only thing I'm pulling now is a small camper that's 19" off the ground when it's level. I'd imagine some smaller utility trailers and Uhaul box trailers may be needed very rarely.

Would a 6" drop give enough adjustability but not be too much extra material lower to the ground?

BigHornDaddy318

Reaction score
I only pull a 10’ utility trailer right now but we’re in the process of looking for a camper. My current drop is 2” (non adjustable) and my trailer rides nose up . I’m thinking with 6” of adjustments you should be fine. Probably going that route myself sooner than later. I have a stock suspension Big Horn without air suspension but probably switching to 285/60/20 mud tire in the next couple weeks.

Pristine1

Reaction score
A 6 inch drop should be a good middle ground. Small Utility trailers are sitting pretty low so 6 inches should be good for most of those. After going up in tire size I’m going to need an 8 inch drop for my 5x8 enclosed haul mark. The 6 inch was still a little nose high before tires. She rides low. I used a 12 ft Uhaul utility that rode pretty level but I don’t remember if I had the 4 or 6 drop on that tow.

BobK

Reaction score
I also just pull a 10' utility trailer for a mower and atv but my old mount while it was angled down still kept it too high off the ground in the front so picked up this just now. Truck is so much higher than my car was. :)
1619349404630.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online